Computers and Technology > Hardware

Computer not POSTing

<< < (2/5) > >>

fury:

--- Quote from: [IND]whores on August 07, 2008, 07:52:12 PM ---
I logged in to the server last evening and my machine got "locked out". by that I mean the video and audio dies off and you get a blank screen but the computer would stay powered on. It happens very frequently when I game, but one hard reboot would normally start the computer back. But this time the video and audio does not come back again. It does not show even the compaq splash screen. some searching on the net seems to point to my mother board being fried. any ideas?

--- End quote ---

i got my money on your power supply diying on you (specially if chinese made),sometimes when u stress the CPU
by playing or running a high load application the PSU has "blanks" that interrupt the supply to the cpu or HDD,hence..for a nanosecond
you dont get power to the cpu/hdd/memory..meaning you pc reboots or goes zombie.
its realy odd to find a  PSU  that lasts over 4 years if you use you computer very day ,even if its a top brand high grade one.
id start off by replacing it.
either that or a short somewhere (like ur sound card if its onboard)..try installing a cheap stand alone pci sound card and disable the onboard one (dont know if that would isolate the short though)
Compaq always gave me headaches anyway,theyr  just crap in a nice box  ;D

whores:

--- Quote from: fury on August 08, 2008, 08:29:30 AM ---
i got my money on your power supply diying on you (specially if chinese made),sometimes when u stress the CPU
by playing or running a high load application the PSU has "blanks" that interrupt the supply to the cpu or HDD,hence..for a nanosecond
you dont get power to the cpu/hdd/memory..meaning you pc reboots or goes zombie.
its realy odd to find a  PSU  that lasts over 4 years if you use you computer very day ,even if its a top brand high grade one.
id start off by replacing it.
either that or a short somewhere (like ur sound card if its onboard)..try installing a cheap stand alone pci sound card and disable the onboard one (dont know if that would isolate the short though)
Compaq always gave me headaches anyway,theyr  just crap in a nice box  ;D

--- End quote ---

that would blow donkey balls if its my power that died as u say. its jus 6 months since I got the 600W Entec from Best Buy for $95

RAMBO:
Four words for ya. New Egg Dot Com.

whores:

--- Quote from: RAMBO on August 10, 2008, 07:28:49 PM ---Four words for ya. New Egg Dot Com.

--- End quote ---

yea , thats where I spent time today trying to decide on the parts.

guit_ar_tist:

--- Quote from: RAMBO on August 10, 2008, 07:28:49 PM ---Four words for ya. New Egg Dot Com.

--- End quote ---

I should check out egg, I usually shop at either tigerdirect but mostly at ncix.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version