KEAGaming

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is it true that PS3 are not backwards anymore.  (Read 6307 times)

Rev. Jim Jones

Is it true that PS3 are not backwards anymore.
« on: February 19, 2009, 04:15:01 AM »
I was thinking of getting a PS3 as I have about 12 PS2/P1 games, but heard that you cant play them on a PS3 is this true?

I got a 360 and can play my 7 original xbox games on the 360.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
Re: Is it true that PS3 are not backwards anymore.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 07:46:29 PM »
no console will ever be true backwards compatible. and yes its true, eversince they made the new ps3, they arent, luckly mine still is :p

Offline koei

• KEA Colonel
  • Nooooooooob!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 07:43:41 AM »
If you want a ps3 that's backwards compatible you'll need to look for the 60gig launch version in NA.  That has the actual ps2 hardware in it and is the most compatible with ps2/p1 games.  I also think the metal gear solid bundle has backwards compatibility via software emulation.  Unfortunately both models have been dropped by sony.  Your best bet is getting it on ebay but you'll probably pay a premium for it

Offline fury

• mnn
  • KEA Lieutenant
  • Get A Life
  • come to bed,ill show you some tricks baby.
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 05:07:19 PM »
If you want a ps3 that's backwards compatible you'll need to look for the 60gig launch version in NA.  That has the actual ps2 hardware in it and is the most compatible with ps2/p1 games.  I also think the metal gear solid bundle has backwards compatibility via software emulation.  Unfortunately both models have been dropped by sony.  Your best bet is getting it on ebay but you'll probably pay a premium for it
or you could just avoid that POS3 and get a 360 like the rest of the human kind.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 09:55:08 PM »
or you could just avoid that POS3 and get a 360 like the rest of the human kind.

i never new sony came out with the new POS3. i heard it looks lifelike!  ::)

Offline Morpheus

• KEA Colonel
  • Can barley stay on topic.
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 10:07:32 PM »
PS3 80 or 160 are not backwards compatible, but they have the newest bluray readers.

The original PS3 is backwards compatible, but it is considered the old generation of bluray players (40 or 20 gig PS3 were dirt cheap because of this). The only reason why I know this is because the original bluray players fried HDMI ports and DVI ports that were using adapters on them. Therefore Sony made their next generation of players that wouldn't have these issues and they decided to remove the backwards compatibility.

Jim, buy the PS3 for the simple reason of the bluray player (if you don't have one). Also if you have a 1080P tv buy the PS3 because of the graphics.
If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.

darkiefoxie

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 03:56:36 PM »
Sony and Microsoft need to make a fucking PS360, so we got the free internet, no gay ass fucking xbox live new theme bullshit, get to play all the ps games and xbox games, btw xbox360 has the same graphics as the ps3 except for blue ray

so i say we make them build a ps360 and i will fucking buy one

Offline fury

• mnn
  • KEA Lieutenant
  • Get A Life
  • come to bed,ill show you some tricks baby.
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 09:32:59 PM »
good idea,lets start raising money to fund it

Offline blah #2

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 09:36:53 PM »
Damn it! I was looking at getting the 80GB PS3 and I wanted to get God of War 1 and 2 but I guess I can't get those now.

Work                                                                      Home    

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal

ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.146 seconds with 18 queries.