KEAGaming

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Metallica NEW ALBUM  (Read 12593 times)

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
Metallica NEW ALBUM
« on: August 03, 2008, 03:52:27 AM »
So I was checking Met's website and the release of their new album has been announced for September 12. This seems like a promising CD from samples I have heard (true samples).

Here's the songlist (in CD order):

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Broken, Beat & Scarred
The Day That Never Comes
All Nightmare Long
Cyanide
The Unforgiven III
The Judas Kiss
Suicide & Redemption
My Apocalypse

Unforgiven III (sounds awesome, lol)

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
Re: Metallica NEW ALBUM
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 08:18:40 PM »
i cant wait

Offline NWP

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 07:29:32 AM »
Metallica has been sucking cock since the Load album.  They lost it twelve years ago.  Their music has become simple and generic.  The talent that was on display for the world to see from Kill em ALL to the Black album simply faded away and now they are a bunch of has beens trying to reclaim past glory.

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 01:37:31 PM »
Metallica has been sucking cock since the Load album.  They lost it twelve years ago.  Their music has become simple and generic.  The talent that was on display for the world to see from Kill em ALL to the Black album simply faded away and now they are a bunch of has beens trying to reclaim past glory.

Even though Load and ReLoad were not the heaviest, I still think they were good albums. I don't like St. Anger much. I do somewhat agree that their career has been going down (somewhat) after the black album but they wanted to try different things so you gotta respect that.

Offline NWP

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 06:59:22 AM »
Resepect that?  They were the Gods of metal.  They became so full of themselves that they forgot about their fans.  I never listened to St. Anger because I heard St. Anger and almost puked.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 01:47:06 PM »
I never listened to St. Anger because I heard St. Anger and almost puked.
how can you say you never listened to st anger, but then right after that you say, i heard st anger and almost puked. you just contradicted yourself

Offline [OnA]Sloppy

• OnA Pest
  • A Perfectionest
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 03:38:43 PM »
I never listened to St. Anger because I heard St. Anger and almost puked.
how can you say you never listened to st anger, but then right after that you say, i heard st anger and almost puked. you just contradicted yourself
i believe he meant he never gave the album a listen, after listening to the song for all of 5 seconds, what it took me at least. For people who grew up on metallica it is different then people like us who are 20. We didn't grow up on them like they were in the 80's, now they are faggots, put on a good live show, but are faggots.

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 04:25:13 PM »
Resepect that?  They were the Gods of metal.  They became so full of themselves that they forgot about their fans.  I never listened to St. Anger because I heard St. Anger and almost puked.

Now, I am not a Metallica fanboy but I don't think they fully became full of themselves, except maybe for Lars  :P  ;D If you're basing this on what happened with the Napster ordeal, you can't blame them too much on what they did. Plus, I believe St. Anger sucked because they rushed it and were stupid on thinking that it would sound like the old days. I dunno. This is just my opinion, not basing it on facts.

:)

Offline fury

• mnn
  • KEA Lieutenant
  • Get A Life
  • come to bed,ill show you some tricks baby.
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 09:29:55 PM »

Now, I am not a Metallica fanboy but I don't think they fully became full of themselves, except maybe for Lars  :P  ;D If you're basing this on what happened with the Napster ordeal, you can't blame them too much on what they did. Plus, I believe St. Anger sucked because they rushed it and were stupid on thinking that it would sound like the old days. I dunno. This is just my opinion, not basing it on facts.

:)
this is what i think about the napster BS..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mtvlUDn6iE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFSzNghjo4Y&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ib7ArI5hiA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chzoeTdXLdM  <---MUST WATCH

Offline NWP

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 07:16:22 AM »
The Napster situation I completely understand.  I am fully aware of copyright laws.   I just think Metallica tried to get to cute in their music.  James himself even stated right after Load that he had no idea what the songs meant.  This was a huge departure from earlier albums when the songs did have meaning.

I will give the new album a shot but I am not counting on being dazzled.

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 03:06:53 PM »
Whatever my opinion is regarding the napster situation, I still find those videos funny :)

The Napster situation I completely understand.  I am fully aware of copyright laws.   I just think Metallica tried to get to cute in their music.  James himself even stated right after Load that he had no idea what the songs meant.  This was a huge departure from earlier albums when the songs did have meaning.

I will give the new album a shot but I am not counting on being dazzled.

Yeah, even though I do download songs illegally, I still respect the copyright laws (in theory). I don't have the money to buy all music I have, I buy only cd's which I like alot.

I do miss the concept of old Metallica songs where lyrics sounded intelligent and music was so dynamic (this includes Load and Reload which I still find were good albums even though the sound was not the same).

I was so excited to hear St Anger but so dissapointed when I heard it. One example is that they said they were making songs long like before but all they did is create a 2 minute song (figuratively speaking) and repeated it 4 times making it 8 minutes. Not that songs need to be long, but they didn't do it right.

I find Megadeth to be kicking ass right now compared to Metallica, their (deth) 2 most recent albums kick ass and still sound heavy.

Offline TastyTaste

• Can you Taste It?
  • OnA Pest
  • Get A Life
  • Food Taster
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 07:20:23 PM »
Yea the new album sounds repetitive to me, Its just different variations of Fade to black in my opinion.  Wish they went back to their roots like on Ride the Lightening.

Offline Run Away!

• KEA Colonel
  • A Perfectionest
  • Made In The USA
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 04:28:25 AM »
Anything past the black album can get on its knees and suck me off.

Offline BMFPoochie

• Swell Fellow
  • OnA Pest
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 01:21:07 PM »
Anything past the black album can get on its knees and suck me off.

So if I put my copy on the floor and walk a lil...

Offline fury

• mnn
  • KEA Lieutenant
  • Get A Life
  • come to bed,ill show you some tricks baby.
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 01:43:46 PM »
EXACTLY

Rev. Jim Jones

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 09:16:48 PM »
And justice for all was Mets last great cd/album.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2009, 09:27:23 PM »
And justice for all was Mets last great cd/album.
That was a great album. But I like the new album to, but I do find its a little repetitive. To much snare drum to. But its a huge improvement from St. anger. 

Offline gin

• ahhellsno
  • Can barley stay on topic.
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 10:22:01 AM »
Metallica tried to stay with the times, with bans like Alice in Chains and others during the 90's, then changed again with "nu-metal", And immediately isolated fans. I had a friend who wanted me to go with him to see Metallica play, and once for Megadeth. They can play some of there old stuff well. But it's like going to a 6 years olds birthday party. You see a bunch of people that like it, but your still just sitting there. Megadeth was one of the worst bands live as far as sound quality. Dave Mustaine rants too much for me to enjoy his music. Metallica was on stage, and clearly doesn't want to be there for the music. It's all about the money.

RIP PFC Dembowski // http://pfcrobertdembowski.com

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 03:23:36 PM »
I can comment for Megadeth since I never seen them live, but from seeing live videos of Metallica (and actually going to see them next week in Toronto) it does seem like they are doing it for the money, it seems like they care, and play sloppy, especially Kirk. I can barely listen to his live playing nowadays.

Offline gin

• ahhellsno
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2009, 11:59:59 AM »
I saw them back when they toured with Korn (garage in my opinion). And I remember being able to play "Ride the Lightning" album by heart on guitar. And Kirk would like lose his pick (could be from the fire), but he wouldn't even do the standard riffs, he would play the single note, and not use all his fingers.

Maybe it sounds weird, but thats what I do when I watch bands play. I watch the guitarists hands intensely.

The bassist they have now is pretty weird too. He's quit bands to work with other bands, he played with Ozzy and dropped him to work with Metallica. I think his name is Robert Trujillo. Immediately afterwards Ozzy had Jason Newstead up there, who is amazing at bass.

Thankfully there's bands like Down, Darkest Hour, and Trivium, that can play better and keep metal going.

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 01:04:23 PM »
For me, I can remember being able to play the whole Kill Em All CD by heart.

I watch guitarists a lot too since I'm one, so I'm always looking at their technique, or sometimes lack thereof.

Yeah, I don't like the new bassist too. Doesn't fit the band.

And yeah, metal will never die, muhahahaha.

Offline gin

• ahhellsno
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 03:17:36 PM »
yea I hear you there. I almost went to Berkley College of Music for bass, and that guy sucks a lot. I look forward to selling my motorcycle and my american made jackson, and getting a prestige heritage les paul

Offline [OnA]Sloppy

• OnA Pest
  • A Perfectionest
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2009, 03:31:49 PM »
yea I hear you there. I almost went to Berkley College of Music for bass, and that guy sucks a lot. I look forward to selling my motorcycle and my american made jackson, and getting a prestige heritage les paul
just give blowjobs on the side, then you don't have to sell your motorcycle.

Offline gin

• ahhellsno
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2009, 05:18:40 PM »
i don't have the space for a motorcycle unfortunately :(

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2009, 06:10:20 PM »
i don't have the space for a motorcycle unfortunately :(
lol, isnt the motorcycle in your kitchen?

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal

ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.145 seconds with 18 queries.