KEAGaming

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Home Theater  (Read 7283 times)

Offline TastyTaste

• Can you Taste It?
  • OnA Pest
  • Get A Life
  • Food Taster
Home Theater
« on: December 20, 2009, 12:57:06 PM »
My living room with Playstation 3, Panasonic 1080p Projector, took a shot of the display on the wall (i have a screen but its so heavy that i dont think my ceiling could support it, too lazy to try) with the light on and off.  Also got my blu ray and dvd collection up in there. Im rockin a dell xps 1730m (Traktor pro ftw) but its not that great with dual 8700 gt's i'd rather the 8800 but they werent available when i bought it. Got a 15 inch sub with a 7.1 sony surround sound and my awesome ass Sony reciever with 6 hdmi slots.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline TastyTaste

• Can you Taste It?
  • OnA Pest
  • Get A Life
  • Food Taster
Re: Home Theater
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 01:01:21 PM »
more pics

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 01:55:55 PM »
very nice setup

Offline pixiestyx

• Server Enforcer Extraordinaire
  • KEA General Administrator
  • Get A Life
  • I'm awesome, ya'll can STFU.
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 04:11:10 PM »
a couple or questions, is the projectors home the coffee table or the shelf on the wall?

why aren't you using a projector screen?  You can get one for around 100 that would be better picture than your white wall.  and why do you own shitty movies?

oh, and this is a real surround sound processor, digital theater grade, their base is around 13K.  Surprisingly, very easy to use.  if you read the 120 page manual that is, unlike my co workers at the time, who are idiots with electronics.

http://www.dolby.com/professional/products/cinema/sound-processors/cp650.html
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 04:15:55 PM by pixiestyx »

Offline trooper is j

• An Old Member
  • Asshole
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 04:50:18 PM »
yo, you can mount that screen to the ceiling.  It will support it.  Use a stud finder to mount it to rafters.  You should be able to support 300 lbs if you mount it right.

Offline TastyTaste

• Can you Taste It?
  • OnA Pest
  • Get A Life
  • Food Taster
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 08:53:43 PM »
yea i got a 92 inch Stewart Firehawk G3 screen but got too lazy to mount it up. Another reason i didnt mount it up cause it will get in the way of my door, the measurement of it on the wall between the two doors is 85 inches.  I had the screen when i used to live in new jersey, but its too big for down here. It will def look better with the screen but i'll have to customize it.  Oh and pixie the projector stays on the wall, took it down to clean it.  My movies aint shitty man haha I have a lot of flashy movies to show off the blu ray, what kind of films are you interested in?  Yea the reciever i got is the Sony  DA5300ES, it works good and upscales pretty well.  I use HDMI for everything along with the xv color mode.  Oh and that processor is awesome, but i dont see myself purchasing it cause my living room isnt acoustically tuned for it, wouldnt make sense.  Wish i had enough money to make a "real" home theater.  Thanks for the adivce Trooper will try and get the screen up and running.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 08:58:13 PM »
plus if you get one of those role up screens, that will help so it doesnt block the door.

Offline pixiestyx

• Get A Life
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 09:04:56 PM »
Dude you can't purchase that processor for home use, that's for a full level theater, for like 200+ people.  My movies are like, not harry potter, you know, good movies.  if your screen is too big, look at a smaller one, and roll up is good, so is a framed screen just to mount direct to the wall.

Offline D-MAN

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 01:01:30 AM »
If your screen is too big, look at a smaller one, and roll up is good.
I don't know the prices and I don't want too look em up. but some screams have motors and all you have to do is push a button to extend/retract it.

Offline TastyTaste

• Can you Taste It?
  • OnA Pest
  • Get A Life
  • Food Taster
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 06:55:55 AM »
yea they have mechanical screens i could purchase but it just sucks that the screen i have already is kick ass and cant use it, gonna try and see if i can possibly get it cut and custom framed. Oh and pixie i didnt buy Harry Potter haha that was given to me by Poochie, hes my friend in real life and he wanted to watch it. I got a lot of other movies on my Hard drive, blu ray got real expensive real fast.  I bought a lot of stuff when the format just came out they were competing with Hd-dvd so it was cheap on Amazon.

Offline pixiestyx

• Get A Life
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 09:03:12 AM »
well, dman, powered screens are expensive, he already spent what appears to be nearly 1000 on the projector, don't need a 1000 screen that rolls up to make it a  home theater, a cheap one for 150 will do the trick just fine. 

Oh and tastey did you look at the other dolby products?

talk about movie storage http://www.dolby.com/professional/products/cinema/digital-cinema/dsl100.html

it has nearly 4 terrabytes to store movies, this is digital cinema type movies.  The movies come on a hard drive, 130GB per movie, and then the movie company also sends in a different package a dvd.  The hot swappable sata slides in, and then you have to put in that specific dvd with the large as key string to unlock the hard drive, so you can copy the movie to your server to play later.  that's digital cinema at it's newest and finest.  and then all of your theaters can be controlled from 1 computer, since everything is digital.

Offline TastyTaste

• Can you Taste It?
  • OnA Pest
  • Get A Life
  • Food Taster
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 10:43:40 AM »
wow pixie, that is just fuckin awesome.  130gb per movie is crazy.

Offline D-MAN

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 01:01:27 PM »
well, dman, powered screens are expensive, he already spent what appears to be nearly 1000 on the projector, don't need a 1000 screen that rolls up to make it a  home theater, a cheap one for 150 will do the trick just fine.
I knew it would be a lot. I was just saying that to be a smart ass because he was complaining about having to move it everytime he entered/left the room.  :D

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal

ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.