Computers and Technology > Hardware

Need a computer genious

(1/2) > >>

MIFIVE:
heres my problem:
i got a new monitor and dvd-rw drive, the monitor installed no prob and is orgasmic, but since i put the new drive in, i'm having problems starting up. it'll show the start-up screen, then text will come up at the top of the screen that says 'disk boot error. install system disk or try restarting' or some shit like that. i've experimented with different methods to try to fix it, like changing the jumpers in my drives, changing boot priorites, but the only way it will boot up or reboot is if i put the dvd-rw as the boot priority with the xp disk in the drive  ???  has anyone had a problem like this before, or does anyone know what the problem is here, and how i can fix it so i can boot/reboot without the system disk in the drive?

Rev. Jim Jones:
By jumper you mead on the dvd drive? Do you have a jumper on your mother board next to your C.M.O.S. battery? If not, just take out this battery for 30 seconds to reset your B.I.O.S. Also what are your jumper options on the DVD drive?

Ban Em All:
like jim said, do that and you should be good, if that doesnt work, then im at a lost to.

[OnA]Sloppy:
you also need a dictionary sir.

Ban Em All:

--- Quote from: [OnA]Sloppy on January 26, 2009, 03:32:12 PM ---you also need a dictionary sir.

--- End quote ---
haha, that to

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version