Computers and Technology > Hardware

CPU install

(1/2) > >>

Glox:
I got a new cpu coming in the mail. Installing it, I just take the old one out and pop this one in, but what do I do with the BIOS stuff?

Ban Em All:
well first, be very care full about taking out the old one and putting the new one in. you could damage your mobo and your processor if your not careful.

then for the bios. what i do is just take out the coin cell battery and leave it out for 10 seconds. then put it back in. then your bios are reset. that will also undo any overclocks you had done. but ya, thats what i have always done, and it seemed to work well for me. make sure you also install any drivers and software needed.

Edit: you can also find videos of this on youtube prolly.

Glox:
Thanks. Ill look it up

fury:
mnn..i dont think u need to install any drviers for the CPU..just watch those fins cause they tend to bend real easy.
and yeah u gotta reset the BIOS to undo any voltage mod

Rev. Jim Jones:
Take out your C.M.O.S. battery for 10 seconds like Ban posted. I'm lucky, I have a pin that will reset my B.I.O.S that is all I had to do in-order to install my x2 6000 C.P.U. from a x2 4200. Windows will find the standard drives so you won't need to mess with C.P.U. drivers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version