KEAGaming

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Some new games  (Read 8207 times)

Offline whores

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
Some new games
« on: November 20, 2008, 11:02:08 PM »
In the last 3 weeks I bought Far Cry 2, Dead Space, FallOut 3, Call of Duty WoW and Gears of War 2. Some thoughts.

FallOut 3: easily the most hyped up disappointment of the year IMO. Absolutely loved Oblivion and got this expecting the same, since it’s from the same developer. I think only Bethesda can make a game 4 years after their last one, and still not improve on the graphics one bit. Gameplay is not that great either.

Dead space: If you liked Doom 3, you'll love this. Great graphics and good gameplay. Don’t get this for the PC though; it’s got that annoying floating mouse crap similar to the Original Doom.

Gears of War 2: One of the best ever made for 360 IMO. These guys have raised the bar so much as far as graphics are concerned. If you guys are online in the multiplayer for this game, add me to your friends list. My handle is v1ct0s.

Far Cry 2: I loved the first one, but this one not so much. Flame thrower is cool, besides that it’s a passable fps I felt. I'm just trying to complete this so that I can sell it on EBay fast.

CoD WoW: Played a couple of hours of single player. Great smooth graphics and almost as intense as C0D 4; atleast so far.

Starting tomorrow, I've taken the next 6 Fridays off from work so that I can finish these games.  ;D :D

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
Re: Some new games
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 11:49:28 PM »
Starting tomorrow, I've taken the next 6 Fridays off from work so that I can finish these games.  ;D :D

LOL!

I do agree with Fallout 3 being not "that" advanced as the previous Oblivion. But I think the main reason I bought it is for the story lines they have which I think are really interesting. I hate that when you complete the game (haven't yet, but heard from other people), you can't continue the game, you have to go back to a save point and go from there. Now that sucks.

Dead Space does seem interesting but looks like it will use alot of resources.

Far Cry 2 is not bad, but seems very redundant so far. Always same type of missions and the character (other characters, not yourself) actions seem weird at times.

I do wanna get CODWOW, looks like an updated version of DODS, sorta.

Can't comment on GOW2, never played any of theme and don't own a 360.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 12:41:03 PM »
who needs to read mags. we have our own reviewer right in the forums :)

Offline fury

• mnn
  • KEA Lieutenant
  • Get A Life
  • come to bed,ill show you some tricks baby.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 06:39:00 PM »
i got me a couple games for X360 too

fable2 ..really cool if u liked the 1st one for xbox
COD WOW..played a couple hs...a must..dont think it twice
condemned2..nice graphics,cool story...need more spare time cause it really looks like a good game and i wanna beat it
too human..didnt even open the case
Too human..still in the case
rockband2 full bundle..OHH MAN...THIS IS THE SHIT!..a must have!..if u got the money buy the fender Bass guitar also.

thinkin about gettin' guitar hero world tour full bundle..but i need to sell more sperm to get there,any1 interested? sloppy?

ps:when i went to the "customs office" to get the rockband2 i got mailed (took a month from texas)..after waiting around 2hs in multiple lines..the assholes looked at me like i was a criminal..CUT THE BOX OPEN,inspected the content and then made me pay 50% OF THE TOTAL VALUE PLUS SHIPPING..yeah..half of what i already had paid..so canuck..if ur comin to argentina next April bring all u need with you cause everything's really pricey here..(well..hookers r cheap compared to USA though)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 06:49:48 PM by fury »

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 09:08:39 PM »
ps:when i went to the "customs office" to get the rockband2 i got mailed (took a month from texas)..after waiting around 2hs in multiple lines..the assholes looked at me like i was a criminal..CUT THE BOX OPEN,inspected the content and then made me pay 50% OF THE TOTAL VALUE PLUS SHIPPING..yeah..half of what i already had paid..so canuck..if ur comin to argentina next April bring all u need with you cause everything's really pricey here..(well..hookers r cheap compared to USA though)

Fucking customs jerkoffs.

Rev. Jim Jones

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 12:33:50 PM »
I want dead space, I don't own a PS3 or 360, so I'll have to buy it for the P.C.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 02:53:55 PM »
I want dead space, I don't own a PS3 or 360, so I'll have to buy it for the P.C.
consoles suck, not opinion, fact

Offline RAMBO

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 03:30:23 PM »
I always get in arguments about how the PC owns consoles. I am always out numbered and lose. Fucking nubs.

Offline fury

• mnn
  • KEA Lieutenant
  • Get A Life
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 06:44:27 PM »
I always get in arguments about how the PC owns consoles. I am always out numbered and lose. Fucking nubs.
yeah but some games u just have to play em on a console..i'll never get used to the 360 controller..as a manner of fact i get owned playin shooters so much its sad..

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 08:25:39 PM »
yeah but some games u just have to play em on a console..i'll never get used to the 360 controller..as a manner of fact i get owned playin shooters so much its sad..

it sounds like its not much different from the pc then  :D

Offline Boats N' Hoes

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 03:12:33 PM »

yea same with me RAMBO all my friends just play 360 and i always get in arguments with them about how much better PC is.

"My ass is a cum dumpster for large black men."

-Sloppypowerbottom

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 04:08:50 PM »

yea same with me RAMBO all my friends just play 360 and i always get in arguments with them about how much better PC is.

i dont get whats so special about a 360. everyone is always telling me to get one. first, i dont have the money, second, consoles suck. i have a ps3, but thats because of the bluray. which isnt worth it without a hdtv(my bad).

Offline fury

• mnn
  • KEA Lieutenant
  • Get A Life
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 06:35:16 PM »
well..the graphics quality on a console is usually better..not to mention its costs at least twice as much to build a decent PC w/o the monitor..so if u got a big tv (like i do) u can enjoy high definition sound/graphics games with only a 400 investment..a good pc video card alone is over 300 bucks and u need to build you system around it so u end up paying 1,5k for a box thats gonna be obsolete in no time..
and u cant play wireless while layin on a couch..i play every RPG-adventure game on my 360..and the shooters on my cheap ass pc..which i cant upgrade every year to keep up to the new titles system demands.
thats my case

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 06:47:27 PM »
and u cant play wireless while layin on a couch..

you can do that to with a pc. get a wireless keyboard, wireless mouse. and your set.

Offline [OnA]Sloppy

• OnA Pest
  • A Perfectionest
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 07:41:48 PM »

you can do that to with a pc. get a wireless keyboard, wireless mouse. and your set.
doesn't have the same feeling.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 12:26:56 PM »

doesn't have the same feeling.
true. its easier because the controller is smaller. i could keep continuing this "debate" but lets just leave it at a PC is a little better than a console :p

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 03:12:27 PM »
There are pros and cons between a console and PC.

But I prefer PC. You don't need to update your comp every year unless you want to only play on EXTREME high graphics. I built my comp in December 2006 and still runs fine.

I'm not planning on upgrading my video card or processor until maybe next year sometime.

Offline RAMBO

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 07:47:35 PM »
Graphics are better on a console? Please. By the time the console comes out people on PC can buy and install a newer, faster, bigger graphics card. Wireless? You can get a controller for PC. They call it a joystick. I've played dod with one. I sucked cock but it was fun as hell. It's like a real trigger. Where the fuck is Jim? He'll back me up on this one, I hope. He knows his tech shit.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 07:50:13 PM by RAMBO »

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2008, 07:59:53 PM »
Graphics are better on a console? Please. By the time the console comes out people on PC can buy and install a newer, faster, bigger graphics card. Wireless? You can get a controller for PC. They call it a joystick. I've played dod with one. I sucked cock but it was fun as hell. It's like a real trigger. Where the fuck is Jim? He'll back me up on this one, I hope. He knows his tech shit.
cant you also use a xbox 360 controller for some games to

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 02:24:08 PM »
cant you also use a xbox 360 controller for some games to

I believe you can yeah.

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal

ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 19 queries.