KEAGaming

Please login or register.

Author Topic: cod mw2  (Read 13005 times)

Offline DinG

• KEA Field Marshal
  • A Perfectionest
  • I AM THE GENERAL MAN
cod mw2
« on: November 13, 2009, 09:25:34 PM »
just finished modern warfare 2... AMAZING!! best game i have ever played.. amazing music..amazing story line... BEAUTIFUL GRAPHICS!

Offline pixiestyx

• Server Enforcer Extraordinaire
  • KEA General Administrator
  • Get A Life
  • I'm awesome, ya'll can STFU.
Re: cod mw2
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 09:43:34 PM »
just finished modern warfare 2... AMAZING!! best game i have ever played.. amazing music..amazing story line... BEAUTIFUL GRAPHICS!

well it helps when your loaded, you can afford that fun stuff, i'm stuck withe l4d2 demo....

Offline Shadow of Enigma

• 7r34Ð $0ƒ7£¥ ƒ0r ¥0µ 7r34Ð 0n m¥ Ðr34m$
  • KEA Lieutenant
  • An Old Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 09:44:57 PM »
i heard the game is really really short (like 5 hours on regular) is that true?
"Agent Lundy? So I hear a rumor you're tracking all our Internet activity, so is it true? 'Cause I can explain all that she-male stuff." --Vince Masuka

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 09:48:48 PM »
yeah, i heard that to. plus the mp sucks, and its 10 bucks more than usual. i refuse to give iw a cent.

Offline TERd sniFFa

• Part of The Family
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 09:57:04 PM »
first off, the single player is not 5 hours, its 8 hours. and the game sold for $39.00 on buy.com on the day of release for almost 6 hours. And free shipping too.

Offline BMFPoochie

• Swell Fellow
  • OnA Pest
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 09:59:50 PM »
Good for buy.com. Retail however is $10 more than standard and for less features then CoD4.

Offline pixiestyx

• Server Enforcer Extraordinaire
  • KEA General Administrator
  • Get A Life
  • I'm awesome, ya'll can STFU.
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 10:01:10 PM »
first off, the single player is not 5 hours, its 8 hours. and the game sold for $39.00 on buy.com on the day of release for almost 6 hours. And free shipping too.

that's a pretty average price, but i'm still broke

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 10:42:17 PM »
Good for buy.com. Retail however is $10 more than standard and for less features then CoD4.
exactly.

Offline DinG

• KEA Field Marshal
  • A Perfectionest
  • I AM THE GENERAL MAN
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 11:47:32 PM »
i agree the multiplayer is kinda crappy.. but the story line and the game play of the single player campaign are the best i have seen.. bar none.. i have the frist cod mw.. which was a brilliant game in itself... but for mw2.. the campaign (which is more like 7 hrs.. i finished on the hardest setting) is gorgeous.. for those who cant afford the game.. i would recommend that atleast get a torrent of it.. forget multiplayer.. u need to play the campaign..

Offline Shadow of Enigma

• KEA Lieutenant
  • An Old Member
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 01:03:08 AM »
for those who cant afford the game.. i would recommend that atleast get a torrent of it.. forget multiplayer.. u need to play the campaign..

hahahaha how very brown of you :D
"Agent Lundy? So I hear a rumor you're tracking all our Internet activity, so is it true? 'Cause I can explain all that she-male stuff." --Vince Masuka

Offline [OnA]Sloppy

• OnA Pest
  • A Perfectionest
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 01:22:30 AM »
yea, i wasn't gonna shit on the online, but it is a port of xbox, if you look at the files, it actually says xboxlive and other xbox commands, i would advise people to torrent it cause hte SP is gona be great(if you like SP, i don't care for sp myself)

Rev. Jim Jones

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 01:49:53 AM »
I have read all the reviews and hype with this game but like the first one, I am kinda blah about it. Weak online for a F.P.S. = no sale to me.

Offline klacko10

• KEA Colonel
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 02:23:25 AM »
gotta agree with ding great campaign... got it for my xbox 360...

Offline BMFPoochie

• Swell Fellow
  • OnA Pest
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 03:36:32 AM »
I have read all the reviews and hype with this game but like the first one, I am kinda blah about it. Weak online for a F.P.S. = no sale to me.
You'd be wrong about the first one... very strong MP, which tons of people still play.

Offline MrBlack

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 08:48:49 AM »
Fucking steam...they charge 16€ more for the game. Retail is much cheaper. I would buy it if you guys are interested of playing it MP. But since i've seen your post and you say it's shit i'll just get a copy than.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 09:22:04 AM »
Fucking steam...they charge 16€ more for the game. Retail is much cheaper. I would buy it if you guys are interested of playing it MP. But since i've seen your post and you say it's shit i'll just get a copy than.
yeah, im not getting it. i mock people who wasted their money for it.

edit:
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/modern_warfare_2_breaks_record_biggest_launch_entertainment_history
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 09:55:50 AM by Ban Em All »

Offline BMFPoochie

• Swell Fellow
  • OnA Pest
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 10:49:17 AM »
That said, great game to pirate though. Aaaargh.

Offline Shadow of Enigma

• KEA Lieutenant
  • An Old Member
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 08:22:37 PM »
i just beat it a few mins ago...wow...just...wow

Offline Hands Mechanical

• Old Farts
  • An Old Member
  • MONOLITHIC JUGGERNAUT
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2009, 09:06:54 AM »
ding i hate to say it but you're talking shit.  the game is good, the singleplayer is good as expected, but its no different or more innovative/interesting than mw was, and its certainly not groundbreaking or redemptive in any regard... i had a good time with the sp as i hoped to, but its not special any more than mw was, in fact i like mw's sp campaign better.  the mp is whatevs, fun as distraction but not worth the money yet.

with sp i dont care as much about cinematic experience as COD delivers as i do story and thematic elements like with HL2 or something like fallout/system shock 2/baldurs gate... like i said it was fun and very engaging but nothing to write home about and nothing i will be play through again and again like hl2 analyzing the story and thematic elements (dare i be academic here).

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 12:17:03 PM by DinG »

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2009, 12:15:59 PM »
after getting the torrent, turns out I cant install it due to the fact I dont have a CD big enough! booooooooo

Offline DinG

• KEA Field Marshal
  • A Perfectionest
  • I AM THE GENERAL MAN
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2009, 12:17:12 PM »
ding i hate to say it but you're talking shit.  the game is good, the singleplayer is good as expected, but its no different or more innovative/interesting than mw was, and its certainly not groundbreaking or redemptive in any regard... i had a good time with the sp as i hoped to, but its not special any more than mw was, in fact i like mw's sp campaign better.  the mp is whatevs, fun as distraction but not worth the money yet.

with sp i dont care as much about cinematic experience as COD delivers as i do story and thematic elements like with HL2 or something like fallout/system shock 2/baldurs gate... like i said it was fun and very engaging but nothing to write home about and nothing i will be play through again and again like hl2 analyzing the story and thematic elements (dare i be academic here).

meh to each their own.. $310 million worth of opening 24 hrs sales says ur wrong..

Offline The Denogginizer

• Can barley stay on topic.
  • "Im is love you....." -[KEA] D-MAN
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2009, 12:27:43 PM »
Call of Duty WISHES it could be Half Life 2...

Offline [OnA]Sloppy

• OnA Pest
  • A Perfectionest
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2009, 01:52:58 PM »
meh to each their own.. $310 million worth of opening 24 hrs sales says ur wrong..
the game could have actually been princess barbie and people would have bought it on reputation alone, sales in 24 hours means nothing. but if you enjoy it thats all that matters.

Offline BMFPoochie

• Swell Fellow
  • OnA Pest
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2009, 02:54:52 PM »
BanEm you just need to mount the image to a virtual drive, no need to burn.

Finished the game and was disappointed. Last mission was as fun and hollow as the snowmobile mission (just press shoot and things in front die), no ending for the American story, nothing extra after the credits, and the 'intel' you collect throughout the game amounts to jack shit (unlike the awesome new modes it unlocked in cod4 that increased replay value).

Offline DinG

• KEA Field Marshal
  • A Perfectionest
  • I AM THE GENERAL MAN
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2009, 02:58:56 PM »
the game could have actually been princess barbie and people would have bought it on reputation alone, sales in 24 hours means nothing. but if you enjoy it thats all that matters.

yup

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal

ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.194 seconds with 21 queries.