Computers and Technology > Hardware

need opinions from intelligent people

<< < (2/7) > >>

pixiestyx:
Ok, first off, Trooper, obviously you didn't really read my post, I ALREADY OWN THAT COMPUTER CASE AND MOTHERBOARD.  I also am running an AMD Phenom 9500.  I know to get a quad these days, I already have the computer built.  What I'm looking for is advice on where to get rails to put my 3 hard drives, so i can remove the HD rack, shown in the photos.  Once I do that the video card dilemma will be no problem, because then I'll have nearly 18 inches behind the single PCI-E x16 slot to play with.  I could fit pretty much any video card these days with that amount of space.

--- Quote from: DinG on September 14, 2009, 12:46:21 AM ---if you are gonna go for a 200 series vid card.. make sure u atleast have 40 amps on the 12V rail of ur PSU.. secondly.. the cards run hot.. not the 260's as much so make sure u have ennough room.. i have a thermaltake soprano and the 200 series barely fits in.. i mean i have to literally jam it in...

--- End quote ---

Ding, this is my PSU

Are you saying that I can't power it?  Cause I only use about 200 W on a normal basis with my current set up.  My battery backup tells me so.

Asus M3N78-Pro MOBO
AMD Phenom 9500 2.2ghz Quad
4GB Corsair DDR2 Memory 800MHZ
600W Ultra Lifetime PSU
XFX GeForce 9600 GSO Video Card
Seagate 250GB Sata HD X 3  (750)
Ultra X-Blaster Case

Bonefish, I understand where you're coming from with the right sized case, but I bought 2 bare bone kits which had this case, to make 2 computers.  1 for me, 1 for my wife.  I built 2 brand new comuters with Hard drives and such, for 1300, mine with the above specs.  I wasn't going for greatness, but getting the job done on a budget.  I upgraded from a 3800+ dual core to this quad for fairly reasonable price.  The reason I looked at that HD cage was because it had the built in fan to keep all of the drives cool, which is a very good thing, however if you knew of a place to get cheap HD adapter rails to make them fit snuggly in a 5.25 bay, i'd be greatly appreciative.

pixiestyx:
well, i think i found the solution to my HD mount issue....

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3301340&CatId=494

http://www.istarusa.com/rackmount_chassis/accessories/rack/tc-istorm7.aspx

Heuchler:
Hey Pixiestyx

develop the Cage for the HDDs, you have 1x  3 1/2 " under your 5 1/4 Slots and 1x completely on top an empty floppy slot in your Case and you can equip 5 1/4 with single adapter on 3 1/2. additionally there are 90 ° bent SATA plugs to plug on your mainboard under your graphicscard.This should not been a problem

shown here : http://www.kabelshop-deluxe.de/bilder/produkte/gross/SATAAnschlusskabelabgewinkeltInLineZ03m_1.jpg

and the adapter for single HDD : http://www.noxelectronics.de/images/produkte/8357.jpg

Build 1 fan in front of your case blow in
Build 1 fan blow out in the back under you PSU
And on the left side ( you not shown the left side of your case )when its possible a fan blown in.

Greets you
Heuchler

pixiestyx:
Actually Heuchler, as you can see in the picture, I'm way ahead of you on the fans.  The bottom fan blows in and the top fan near the CPU blows the hot air out.  Decreased the temps on my CPU and GPU by 3 degrees C average.  I think I will buy the HD cage i posted before, because it will come with a fan built in it to blow air on the Hard Drives.  I will probably leave 1 hard drive below in the HD mount you are talking about, directly underneath my 5.25 IN bays.  I also have a sata cable with a 90 degree head on it, i'll just need to move around the cables when I do the change.

BTW, the top where the floppy goes isn't empty, there's a floppy there.  those were stock images to show what I have.  It's harder to explain with out them.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Heuchler:
Wich temperatue have your CPU and GPU ?

I think you have the best made it for the money you give.And a little wait has give you a better price for the fine Graphics Card.
Test your graphic Card with some 3D-Mark tests continious, check your temps with Speed fan ( its freeware ) when you have no Problems then its all Ok ( means your PSU too ).

Greets

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version