KEAGaming

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rant-Shippo Hates His ISP at the moment  (Read 3497 times)

Offline Shippo

• Refered to as "The One"
  • KEA Friend
  • An Old Member
  • Mothra wants hugs before killing you. Srsly
Rant-Shippo Hates His ISP at the moment
« on: November 09, 2008, 10:28:13 AM »
My ISP apparently has a cap on downloads.  Once a file hits 20megs, the speed drops a shitload.  So, a 600meg file (in my case Arx Fatalis that I bought off Steam) should only take 30 minutes, takes 2.5 hours (according to my math) at 60KB/s instead of 600KB/S.  They said they are fixing this on the 15th so that bandwidth is more balanced between home/business customers.

Also, Steam is a bad, bad thing but good prices on old games that you probably can't find at GameStop or where the hell you go.

Offline RAMBO

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
Re: Rant-Shippo Hates His ISP at the moment
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 10:39:12 AM »
Heh, I used to download at 30 KB/S because we pay for 256/k. Last year I've been downloading at 80kb/s must of gave us a free upgrade. They offer 5mb but I'm to cheap for it. Your ISP is owned by faggots tho. Mine never caps their shit.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 10:49:58 AM »
Comcast Caps Bandwidth
The 250GB bandwidth cap Comcast announced for residential consumers in August goes into effect October.

1. Comcast says less than 1 percent of users actually exceed the limit which is meant to curb excessive bandwidth use by a handful of high-traffic customers. A first infraction results in a warning; a second offense within six months leads to suspension of service.

Despite the new rule, Comcast isn't making it easy for consumers to monitor their bandwidth use. The company suggests installation of third-party router firmware or the monitor included in its free McAfee security suite- neither of which compares to seeing the same metering numbers Comcast is using. When asked about a more transparent solution, company reps would only say, "Expect one in the future."

Source- Maximum PC Magazine- December 2008

Just thought i should throw this bit in. and yes i typed it, so if there are any mistakes, im sorry.

Offline Shippo

• Refered to as "The One"
  • KEA Friend
  • An Old Member
  • Mothra wants hugs before killing you. Srsly
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 11:03:54 AM »
I'm hoping the new equipment they are installing will fix this issue.  Who knows, I may just have to complain to the right people ie sales.

Rev. Jim Jones

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 03:03:30 AM »
Having Comcrap when I heard about this cap, d-loaded a monitor from downloads.com. In 6 days I had not even come to 10 gigs, so This new policy does not affect me.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 02:10:14 PM »
Having Comcrap when I heard about this cap, d-loaded a monitor from downloads.com. In 6 days I had not even come to 10 gigs, so This new policy does not affect me.
i know i wouldnt be

Offline RAMBO

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 08:04:09 PM »
250 GB cap? That's like DodS in 1 minute.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 08:06:30 PM »
250 GB cap? That's like DodS in 1 minute.
i wouldnt go that far. 250 aint that bad though. although, i would be interested in seeing how much i make. jim, you said you got a tool or something, give me the link. im interested in how many i pull off.

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal

ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.163 seconds with 17 queries.