KEAGaming

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Server sounds and server-join-music  (Read 5732 times)

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
Server sounds and server-join-music
« on: August 08, 2008, 09:11:54 AM »
Every time I connect to the server, it's always saying it's downloading the file "stfu.wav" (and maybe others but this one I remember). Why is it doing this every time I connect?

Also, the music that plays when I join the server I think is wrong. It always plays this Chinese song. I know that's not what BAN put as the server intro music but is it because maybe it's looking for a file name which is basically the same as this Chinese song? (the Chinese song is from another server's intro music that I can recall).

EDIT: here's the sound file......... it's called "joinserver" so maybe it has the same name as the file the intro music is suppose to be

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 11:58:19 AM by [KEA] guit_ar_tist [GA] »

Offline NWP

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
Re: Server sounds and server-join-music
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 11:15:11 AM »
Maybe a bunch of chinks hacked the server!!!! ;D

Offline [OnA]Sloppy

• OnA Pest
  • A Perfectionest
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 12:47:20 PM »
if you go into settings you take off the dl custom stuff from servers, then you don't need to dl the music. I like that a lot better, that way you only need to dl the map. The reason i did that was i kept getting stuck on a few songs to dl every time i came into the server.

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 12:52:08 PM »
if you go into settings you take off the dl custom stuff from servers, then you don't need to dl the music. I like that a lot better, that way you only need to dl the map. The reason i did that was i kept getting stuck on a few songs to dl every time i came into the server.

Good idea. Thanks :)

Offline fury

• mnn
  • KEA Lieutenant
  • Get A Life
  • come to bed,ill show you some tricks baby.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 05:41:21 PM »
Maybe a bunch of chinks hacked the server!!!! ;D
shit,i know a chick that might have hacked it..that rings any bells?   :D

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 06:06:04 PM »
i dont get that, i just get a sound saying "Welcome to the server"

weird ???

Offline Rollin

• We got our own show
  • OnA Pest
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 06:09:44 PM »
The joinerserver.mp3 is the default sound that plays when you join the server this file was set up when quake sounds were installed.
Every time I connect to the server, it's always saying it's downloading the file "stfu.wav" (and maybe others but this one I remember). Why is it doing this every time I connect?

Also, the music that plays when I join the server I think is wrong. It always plays this Chinese song. I know that's not what BAN put as the server intro music but is it because maybe it's looking for a file name which is basically the same as this Chinese song? (the Chinese song is from another server's intro music that I can recall).

EDIT: here's the sound file......... it's called "joinserver" so maybe it has the same name as the file the intro music is suppose to be
You have a file that is named the same but is a different file. All you need to do is delete the joinserver.mp3 file from your hard drive. The sound will then re-- download and the problem will be fixed.  to delete it, follow this path:  "programfiles/steam/steamapps/<username>/day of defeat source/dod/sound/admin_plugin/actions

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 09:56:53 PM »
The joinerserver.mp3 is the default sound that plays when you join the server this file was set up when quake sounds were installed.

You have a file that is named the same but is a different file. All you need to do is delete the joinserver.mp3 file from your hard drive. The sound will then re-- download and the problem will be fixed.  to delete it, follow this path:  "programfiles/steam/steamapps/<username>/day of defeat source/dod/sound/admin_plugin/actions

THANKS  :)

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal

ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.169 seconds with 17 queries.