KEAGaming

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Windows 7  (Read 16074 times)

Offline fury

• mnn
  • KEA Lieutenant
  • Get A Life
  • come to bed,ill show you some tricks baby.
Windows 7
« on: June 02, 2009, 10:18:36 PM »
following ding's advice , i DLed my free copy of W7..so far so good,pretty fast and reliable.its got some cool features

lets see how dod goes with it,with the new update and shit..maybe they'll manage to fuck this up too.also,no drivers for my old x1600

ps:its a BETA,so, free till sometime in 1010..then u gotta fork over for ur license (which i wont)

Offline soviet pizza

• man banana
  • Part of The Family
  • balls deep inside your grandma
Re: Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 12:59:54 AM »
i've had it for a couple of months already, i love it so much more than vista.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 07:53:36 PM »
win7 is great.

Offline [KEA] Goatsack (Penree)

• KEA Colonel
  • Nooooooooob!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 12:22:31 PM »
It technically isn't a beta anymore, it is a release client.  They just announced that it will be available on shelves Oct 22 this year.  I was involved in the Beta testing of it and the new RC release.  It has been very stable even in a corporate environment.  What is real nice about it is the option to run a virtual XP machine on it for software compatibility.   

Offline fury

• mnn
  • KEA Lieutenant
  • Get A Life
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 05:51:45 PM »
yeah sgt,just like u said..its been developed and tested enough..my experience so far,its way more reliable,faster and stable than XP..and comes with too many nice features to list,im still learning my way around some of the stuff they packed it with.
although , DOD runs a tad slower,but that could be due to my vid card's drivers not being supported by W7..i dont know what drivers my vid's running with  :D

so yall take a shot at me while they develop dirvers for my old ass x1600..im an easy target now

Offline blah #2

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 09:01:30 PM »
My Windows 7 crashed and wouldn't load. Repair didn't work. Gonna reformat and rebuild tomorrow.

Work                                                                      Home    

Rev. Jim Jones

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 05:24:55 AM »
Vista is running fine ,so I wont bother with Wins7. When my C.P.U. is outdated, I'll just get Wins7 with a new hard drive,mobo, and R.A.M.

Offline Sgt Snot Rocket(bonefish)

• KEA Colonel
  • Part of The Family
  • Quit crying and die like a man!
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 07:12:58 PM »
Hey guys, I upgraded to win 7 a few days ago, loved it, way faster than vista but now my c: is denying access, says I dont have permissions. My account has full admin (of course), I even made another account with full permissions, still no access and I cant get in through safe mode either.
 The worst thing is that steam wont load and my windows installer (in c:, where the fuck else would they put it...) is disabled so I cant re-install anything.
My tech level is reasonable but i'm stumped.
 If anyone can help me figure it out you'll get major props and maybe even a long and sloppy blow job

• KEA Colonel
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 07:13:56 PM »
PS, I can access all other drives, just not the boot drive.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 09:16:49 PM »
Did you download it from a torrent or actual ms.com? I didnt get this problem.

edit, maybe this? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/69013

Offline WIpilot

• Can barley stay on topic.
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 12:08:13 AM »
Im loving windows 7.  I had the beta and encountered a few bugs, but the RC is rock solid and works great.  I just might fork over the cash for it when the RC runs out.

• KEA Colonel
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 05:32:23 PM »
Hey Ban, thanks for the link. I got it straight from ms, its the RC. Its the wierdest thing, full access everywhere except the c:, its not the drive, I have it partitioned and I get into d: with no problem. Guess if I dont figure it out I'll have to blow out the o/s and reload it all over the weekend.

Fuckin Bill Gates, Fuck him and Fuck Microsoft, Fucker needs a good Pink Socking followed by a swift punch in the face.

• KEA Colonel
  • Nooooooooob!
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 09:49:03 AM »
Did you do a full install or upgrade to win7?

• KEA Colonel
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 10:15:52 AM »
Did you do a full install or upgrade to win7?

I did an upgrade, I was running Vista.
I blew out my O/S and reloaded over the weekend so i'm back up and running but on occasion when my PC sleeps I lose my ntloader file and have to reboot. Anyone else experienced this?

• KEA Colonel
  • Nooooooooob!
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 10:39:15 AM »
The reason you had the issue with the C drive is because of permissions.  The only two ways to fix it are re-install or reboot into safe mode and reassign the permissions manually.  Re-install is the only was to fully repair it, manually assigning permissions will still give you a glitch here or there, but the re-install was the best option.  Sry for the late reply before you re-installed.

What do you mean you lose your ntloader file when your PC sleeps?  Does it give you the ntldr error when you try to resume?

• KEA Colonel
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 03:54:01 PM »
Goat,

Yes, ntloader error w/black screen. (I tried permissions through safe mode and didnt get anywhere with that)
 When I reboot after ntloader message it takes forever to boot that first time (rebuilding something I guess?).

• KEA Colonel
  • Nooooooooob!
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 08:07:04 PM »
I have never seen an ntldr error like that before.  Normally if you get an ntldr error you have to re-install to rebuild the MBR.  That is generally caused by a defective hard drive or a virus so a format is usually in order, but I have never seen that happen on resuming from sleep mode. 

I have been searching the microsoft technet forums and there is nothing like that there either, so I don't think it a Win7 thing in particular.  I keep digging into it and see if I can find anything out for you.

Offline WIpilot

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 09:42:07 PM »
Does anyone have the Creative x-fi titanium fatal1ty profess1onal series sound card.  If so have you got it working on windows 7.  I just got this card for a replacement for my SE audigy and im having problems with getting it set up.  I tried the beta drivers but they seem to no be working.  Any help is welcomed.

• KEA Colonel
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2009, 08:05:36 AM »
Thanks Goat,

I'll take any help I can get at this point although it has been stable since yesterday morning (hoping I didnt just jinx myself).

Offline brdmichaud

• A Perfectionest
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 09:36:50 AM »
So what are we saying here, is W7 that fucked up to download?  Is it out on the market legally?

Offline WIpilot

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2009, 10:44:29 AM »
Its not that fucked up, only some bugs, and you can get the Release Candidate (RC) here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/download.aspx

Offline fury

• mnn
  • KEA Lieutenant
  • Get A Life
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2009, 12:10:55 PM »
i had no issues whatsoever,aside from a couple drivers not being available for w7,hasnt crashed on me once.rock solid stable.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2009, 12:12:50 PM »
i had no issues whatsoever,aside from a couple drivers not being available for w7,hasnt crashed on me once.rock solid stable.
yeah, i used it very little, but it worked.

• KEA Colonel
  • Nooooooooob!
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2009, 01:02:07 PM »
W7 is more stable as a release candidate than Vista is with the current service packs.  I use W7 on my laptop, gaming PC and I have it installed on a couple workstations in a corporate environment just to see how it fairs and I haven't had to many issues at all.  The biggest issues that I have had has already been stated, the drivers.  But W7 has a virtual XP machine built in so any software issues with compatability are non existant.

• KEA Colonel
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2009, 03:23:29 PM »
So what are we saying here, is W7 that fucked up to download?  Is it out on the market legally?

I'd say its worth the DL, its definately faster than Vista, I think most of the problem may be on my end as this stuff always happens to me when I mess with shit that aint broke.
 I would recommend an external back up of some kind just in case (thank god for Carbonite, best $50 I ever spent, apart from the dinner for Natalie).

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal

ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.115 seconds with 19 queries.