KEA Servers > Questions

New game server?

<< < (9/10) > >>

[KEA]Dylan:
hey dont forget me im the one hosting your servers and shit w/ my electric bill and internet xd dont pay whores ;x and website is only once a year

btw joseph lol @ that power supply you picked out. i wouldnt spend $20 on a power supply in a million years

fury:
dylan,get the russians to pay the electric bill.

[KEA]Dylan:

--- Quote from: fury on July 22, 2011, 08:06:48 PM ---dylan,get the russians to pay the electric bill.

--- End quote ---
hey just because i'm hosting from home it automatically means it's free and worthless for donations? you're technically paying for exactly the same thing when you rent from a company (electric/space/internet)

fury:
i was just giving you shit,and i have asked you how much money you needed for the bills some time ago

edit: (and im not being an asshole):how much money does it take?

[KEA]Dylan:
btw pixie said to me earlier my previous posts seemed nasty, i didnt mean it that way. to answer your question: when i upgraded the internet service back in december or so to host a server 24/7 it cost an extra $20 + approximately $5 or so in taxes that vary each month, and running high end PC 24/7 (of course with all the power saving features enabled when possible) for the servers raised the electric bill about $15-20 /month (now summer), i'd say a grand total of $35-50 /month which in all regards is still way cheaper than both renting 2 standard game servers from a company, collocating a server, renting multiple virtual private servers, renting a dedicated box from a company, and renting web/ftp space from a web host.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version