KEAGaming

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Won't be plaing for a while.  (Read 2833 times)

Offline Spartacus

• KEA Colonel
  • Nooooooooob!
Won't be plaing for a while.
« on: February 23, 2010, 07:26:25 AM »
Seeing as I got recruited and play alot, I might as well tell you I havn't abandoned playing but I won't be playing for some time.

Some sort of power surge fried my motherboard and hard-drive on both of my computers. I lost £2300 worth of computer hardware in one go ($3,540 usd aprox), yeah I was pissed off. Currently posting using a Windows Me machine lol.

It could take me three months to save up for a new computer system so you won't see me playing for a while!

I'll miss dueling and playing with/agaist you! Cya.

Offline Glox

• KEA Colonel
  • A Perfectionest
Re: Won't be plaing for a while.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 09:39:38 AM »
Shitty. We will all miss you in the gayest way possible.

Offline pixiestyx

• Server Enforcer Extraordinaire
  • KEA General Administrator
  • Get A Life
  • I'm awesome, ya'll can STFU.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 10:20:49 AM »
with your new computer, invest in one of these, or at least a similar one that will work with the european power plugs and power voltages

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3869826&Sku=A75-3030

this is the best company for power protection.  they guarantee that your computer equipment won't get fried and back it with a sizeable $$ amount, usually somewhere around 10000 to 150000 for something that small.  for their large scale business solutions, they guarantee up to 150000.  plus it's nice to have a battery back up in the event the power goes out, so you don't loose your work and have time to save.  I have a larger one than that, but my wife's computer has one about that size, it'll keep her's going for 10 minutes in the event of power failure.

Offline D-MAN

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 06:10:29 PM »
That blows man. Hope to see you soon.  ;)

Offline Spartacus

• KEA Colonel
  • Nooooooooob!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 05:12:10 PM »
Thanks for the tip pixiestyx. I'll probably invest in one, especially considering the low price of the power protection compared to the cost of the potential damage.

Saying that, prices do seem to be a bit higher in the UK. One with 770 watts (APC brand) output costs £223.76 ($341.50 usd)  :o :P :'( :-\ . Shitty. Might be able to find cheaper alternatives though. Anyway, at least I can buy an extension lead with surge protection for less than £10.

Offline pixiestyx

• Server Enforcer Extraordinaire
  • KEA General Administrator
  • Get A Life
  • I'm awesome, ya'll can STFU.
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 06:06:47 PM »
which model are you looking at?

you really don't need anything special, what i showed you is more than adequate for a home computer.

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal

ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.11 seconds with 17 queries.