Please login or register.

Author Topic: DELL  (Read 6417 times)

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
DELL
« on: October 13, 2009, 10:26:44 PM »
Has anyone ever had an issue with Dell, through experience, not heresay?

I ordered from them before and never had a problem, but now my shipment got delayed, which I normally wouldn't care about, but reading people's experiences with delays, especially from sales (and Dell period), i'm frightened.

Anybody care to share anything?

Offline D-MAN

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
Re: DELL
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 11:17:09 PM »
I personally have never had a problem with their shipping times, nor their customer service. They are pretty good in my opinion...

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 11:18:53 PM »
Yeah, I never had a problem before. They were always faster then their Estimated Shipping Date.

Offline [OnA]Sloppy

• OnA Pest
  • A Perfectionest
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 11:49:28 PM »
never had a problem with their shipping dates, and calling them has always been easy as hell. yea the person has an indian accent, still gets the job done.

Offline dogfacedgremlin

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
  • What is your major malfunction numbnuts?
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 12:17:45 AM »
I've had issues with dealing with the over seas customer disservice staff.  I placed an order for a monitor that they had on sale price, and they put me on hold before I finalized it, and I got disconnected.  Well I called back and got someone different, and told them the story, and the bitch (she really was  a bitch) told me my order was the same, and was in a hurry to get me off the phone.  Well, a week later, I get the box, and its the wrong fucking monitor.  So I call back, and the fucks tell me that they are sorry for the mix, but now the one I wanted was on back order.  So they wanted me to send this monitor (which I still have) back wait 5 weeks, and they would ship it out to me to get the sale price.  They wouldn't just let me sent this one back when they got the other one in.  I blew a fuse after about 45 mins of trying to translate our conversation and told em to just fuck off.

Also, my girlfirends mom had a problem with a cammera she bought as a Christmas gift and had Dell ship it here to my GF.  Some how it got lost in the shuffle, and they ended up just cancelling the order, and making a new one.  I don't have all the details about it.  But yes, I have had problems with them, although I have had good orders too.

SirKnightRedrider

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 12:22:38 AM »
Purchased a great many DELL computers for the Navy, well built, sturdy, quality parts. Check their financials and Wall Street articles. Parts may be on back order with this economy. Give them a call.

Offline DC

• Can barley stay on topic.
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 05:38:30 AM »
They don't like to tell you when stuff is on backorder, until you call up bitching 3 weeks after delivery day.

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 06:24:08 AM »
Yeah, it's stuff being backordered I don't like, especially, like you said DC, when they tell you a long time after ordering.

Offline Shippo

• Refered to as "The One"
  • KEA Friend
  • An Old Member
  • Mothra wants hugs before killing you. Srsly
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 08:16:30 AM »
I had an issue where we needed to order the front power button for a clients server.  Instead they sent us the front cover that you can remove, 3 times.  Since they really don't care if they do this, my company currently has three of them in our back room.

Offline brdmichaud

• A Perfectionest
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 08:35:26 AM »
Still waiting for my replacement computer about 6 weeks now.  Glad I put a 5 year warranty on it.  It burnt up and caught my office desk on fire.  Insurance took care of that however, Dell is dragging their feet on the replacement computer.  They sent a tech to investage and he deemed it a product flaw which is their fault and they need to replace it.  Still waiting.

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 09:33:54 AM »
Yeah they seem fast for some and slow for some. I read online and saw a lot of people saying they sometimes "drag their feet" like you say.

Offline D-MAN

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 06:27:56 PM »
Yeah they seem fast for some and slow for some. I read online and saw a lot of people saying they sometimes "drag their feet" like you say.
Sorry pumpkin. I hope you will eventually get what you ordered.

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 09:23:58 PM »
Well I did actually, today. Funny how they had sent me an email stating my order was delayed but I actually got both my orders faster than the estimated date of arrival. So all is good now :)

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 03:38:39 PM »
my issue is that i cant understand their tech support team. :p

Offline D-MAN

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 07:50:58 PM »
my issue is that i cant understand their tech support team. :p
Thats about my only complaint as well.

Offline [OnA]Sloppy

• OnA Pest
  • A Perfectionest
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 08:13:42 PM »
if you can't then you can't understand english, i've called them on 5 different occasions and never had a problem understanding them. people from boston have a much worse accent. shit trooper(jesus) is much worse too.

Offline D-MAN

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 08:14:41 PM »
LOL

Offline trooper is j

• An Old Member
  • Asshole
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2009, 08:28:44 AM »
Forget buying a piece of SHIT.  Instead that money you spent, you could have built a nice rig yourself.

Offline brdmichaud

• A Perfectionest
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 01:34:25 PM »
Finially after 7 weeks of waiting for my replacement computer I got a call and an apology from Dell and it will ship overnight, should get it FedEx on Sat.  They thru in a logitech sursound system and sound blaster for free as well as a new 22 inch monitor for free. The old comp caught fire and burnt up my home office, in which my home owners insurance to care of, so a new office and computer.  My insurance company is suing Dell for the damages.  Bout time.

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 01:37:18 PM »
Well at least you got some free stuff. ;)

Offline fury

• mnn
  • KEA Lieutenant
  • Get A Life
  • come to bed,ill show you some tricks baby.
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 06:53:01 PM »
god damn u got all that for free? im gonna buy me a dell and set it on fire

Offline D-MAN

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2009, 07:28:31 PM »
God damn you got all that for free?! im gonna buy me a Dell and set it on fire.

Haha. No shit....

Offline brdmichaud

• A Perfectionest
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2009, 08:17:21 PM »
Guys....it burnt up my home office they should have done more as my insurance guy told me.....they (the insurance) are suing them for damages to my home ie fire smoke etc. 

Offline brdmichaud

• A Perfectionest
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2009, 02:49:55 PM »
Update:  Got my new rig yesterday. Will be setting it up tomorrow.  'Bout fuckin time!!!

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2009, 02:59:46 PM »
cool.

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal

ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.142 seconds with 17 queries.