KEAGaming

Please login or register.

Author Topic: On a very serious note  (Read 5451 times)

Offline Winters

• Rocket Man
  • KEA Colonel
  • Part of The Family
  • Im gonna put my fist up your ass!
On a very serious note
« on: June 18, 2010, 01:43:26 AM »
Two days ago i got sick, i thought nothing of it and took the house hold meds that everyone takes. well this morning i work up with a 103.9 fever so i got drivin to the ER. i was there for 6 hours as they are running all shorts of tests on me, they told me that they narrowed it down to two things. The Flu or Spinal Meningitis, if no one know what spinal meningitis is, its a bacterial virus that coves the coating over your brain basically what it does is that The infection may trigger sepsis, a systemic inflammatory response syndrome of falling blood pressure, fast heart rate, high or abnormally low temperature and rapid breathing. Very low blood pressure may occur early, especially but not exclusively in meningococcal illness; this may lead to insufficient blood supply to other organs. in other words the virus basically hacks your brain and shuts your body down, they said the test results for the flu will come back in two days if it is negative then i am to infidelity admitted into the hospital and be givin a spinal tap and treated for the disease if caught in time i will be fine but it can be fatal,  Hopefully i can bring the laptop in to the hospital. i just thought you all should know

Offline klacko10

• KEA Colonel
  • Part of The Family
Re: On a very serious note
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 02:50:03 AM »
hope u get better soon budddy..

Offline pixiestyx

• Server Enforcer Extraordinaire
  • KEA General Administrator
  • Get A Life
  • I'm awesome, ya'll can STFU.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 08:47:05 AM »
sorry to hear that, spinal taps suck, my wife had one years ago cause she also showed signs of meningitis.  Most cases turn out to be a hard flu though.  Meningitis is rare, and does happen, but again, very low amount of cases in the united states.

Offline Winters

• Rocket Man
  • KEA Colonel
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 03:59:53 PM »
thanks guys i got one more day till the test results!

Offline TastyTaste

• Can you Taste It?
  • OnA Pest
  • Get A Life
  • Food Taster
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 11:25:29 PM »
im sure you'll get through it, best of luck man

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 02:44:10 PM »
Good luck fella, hope you get well soon.

Offline Run Away!

• KEA Colonel
  • A Perfectionest
  • Made In The USA
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 03:23:08 PM »
And they didnt dq you based upon that? Interesting. The navy must be getting lax.

Offline D-MAN

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 08:33:26 PM »
Good luck.

On the bright side: Maby you will get some cool drugs, I have no idea. :)

Offline Run Away!

• KEA Colonel
  • A Perfectionest
  • Made In The USA
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 11:06:35 PM »
Water and motrin.

Offline fury

• mnn
  • KEA Lieutenant
  • Get A Life
  • come to bed,ill show you some tricks baby.
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 07:41:31 AM »
Water and motrin.
less dick more puss

Offline E.S.P. GAGE

• KEA Colonel
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 09:16:04 AM »
You should also get checked for the West Nile virus , if you live in an area that has a lot of mosquito's.

In mild cases, there may be flu-like symptoms, including fever, headache and body aches. Some people may also develop a mild rash, or swollen lymph glands.

Some individuals have weaker immune systems, and they are at greater risk of developing symptoms and health effects that are more serious, including meningitis, encephalitis and acute flaccid paralysis. Meningitis is inflammation of the lining of the brain or spinal cord. Encephalitis is inflammation of the brain itself. Acute flaccid paralysis is a polio-like syndrome that can result in the loss of function of one or more limbs. These conditions can be fatal.

For people with more severe illness, symptoms could include the rapid onset of severe headache, high fever, stiff neck, nausea, difficulty swallowing, vomiting, drowsiness, confusion, loss of consciousness, lack of coordination, muscle weakness and paralysis. Other symptoms that have been identified include movement disorders, parkinsonism, poliomyelitis-like syndrome and muscle degeneration. Anyone who has a sudden onset of these symptoms should seek immediate medical attention.

The virus is transmitted through mosquito vectors, which bite and infect birds. The birds are amplifying hosts, developing sufficient viral levels to transmit the infection to other biting mosquitoes which go on to infect other birds (in the Western hemisphere the American robin and the American crow are the most common carriers) and also humans. The infected mosquito species vary according to geographical area; in the US Culex pipiens (Eastern US), Culex tarsalis (Midwest and West), and Culex quinquefasciatus (Southeast) are the main sources.[11]

Offline fury

• mnn
  • KEA Lieutenant
  • Get A Life
  • come to bed,ill show you some tricks baby.
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 11:19:49 AM »

Offline TastyTaste

• Can you Taste It?
  • OnA Pest
  • Get A Life
  • Food Taster
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 06:52:21 PM »
@Gage

can also be symptoms of dengue (disease passed from mosquitoes)

Offline Winters

• Rocket Man
  • KEA Colonel
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 02:59:04 PM »
I just got back from the hospital today guys! I did not have anything like something transferred from mosquitoes or meningitis it turned out to be a super server case of the flu, And i did get some coolish drugs lol im all better now and feelin good enough to run an ironman, well lets not go that far. thanks everyone for helping out and cheering me up with your comments! Gage are you a medic or something? Run away: it takes a lot before the navy tells you that they dont want you anymore lol my chief told me that i shoulda just sucked it up instead of lazyin it up in the hospital all day hahaha anyways thanks everyone and im all find 

Offline Run Away!

• KEA Colonel
  • A Perfectionest
  • Made In The USA
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 05:42:47 PM »
You prolly got some good siq and lld chit tho huh?

Offline TastyTaste

• Can you Taste It?
  • OnA Pest
  • Get A Life
  • Food Taster
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 08:51:05 PM »
I just got back from the hospital today guys! I did not have anything like something transferred from mosquitoes or meningitis it turned out to be a super server case of the flu, And i did get some coolish drugs lol im all better now and feelin good enough to run an ironman, well lets not go that far. thanks everyone for helping out and cheering me up with your comments! Gage are you a medic or something? Run away: it takes a lot before the navy tells you that they dont want you anymore lol my chief told me that i shoulda just sucked it up instead of lazyin it up in the hospital all day hahaha anyways thanks everyone and im all find 

you got a server case for the flu? must be a powerful flu, what kind of water cooling do you use. tee hee

Offline E.S.P. GAGE

• KEA Colonel
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 12:15:47 PM »

Not a medic,  but I did have this.

Offline Winters

• Rocket Man
  • KEA Colonel
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 09:48:33 PM »
You prolly got some good siq and lld chit tho huh?
lol SIQ 5 Days LLD 2 and lots of meds

you got a server case for the flu? must be a powerful flu, what kind of water cooling do you use. tee hee
Anti Freeze lol

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal

ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.082 seconds with 17 queries.