KEAGaming

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wireless Electricity.... ???  (Read 4968 times)

Offline Azrick

• Nooooooooob!
Wireless Electricity.... ???
« on: November 03, 2009, 09:46:20 AM »
Hey guys, I know that I usually make stupid/retarted posts, but I found this little video on youtube and also saw a demonstration on t.v. and got kinda impressed... It's about some sort of ''Wireless electricity'', found it interesting and just wondering what do you guys think about it coz i'm not sure what I should think ahahha 

Eric Giler demonstrates wireless electricity at TEDGlobal 2009

It seems kinda TOO awesome to happen -_-

I'm the most retarded KEA member, no exceptions, so don't worry if I make a compliment on your mom's implants or if I talk about the goose Zone_Trooper fucked on youtube and how it was awesome. The name's Azrick, and if you hear something weird... just say ''Awww normal, it's Azrick -_-''

Offline pixiestyx

• Server Enforcer Extraordinaire
  • KEA General Administrator
  • Get A Life
  • I'm awesome, ya'll can STFU.
Re: Wireless Electricity.... ???
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 11:40:09 AM »
fuck yeah, i need some of those in my apartment and car, and atatched to my cellphone

Offline lolz

• KEA Colonel
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 12:13:52 PM »
wireless electricity the last time i checked was about 40% transfer efficient.  that means if you're generating electricty at the north pole, and wanted to send it to say new york, you'd beam it to a satelite at 40% efficiency.  the satelite would send it down at 40% efficiency.  you would see ~16% of the overall generated electricty.  with the costs, this is a pipe dream.

ninja edit: yes, ted introduces "new" technology.  its not very realistic though, especially considering the price for kWh for coal, or nuclear.  especially as safe as nuclear is... congress is just too damn slow about letting companies build them.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 12:16:21 PM by lolz »

Offline Shippo

• Refered to as "The One"
  • KEA Friend
  • An Old Member
  • Mothra wants hugs before killing you. Srsly
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 12:33:29 PM »
I think Tesla came up with this 100 years ago but never put any of his plans in writing.

Offline Azrick

• Nooooooooob!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 12:38:10 PM »
Yeah Tesla made a lot of projects on wireless electricity, like the Worldwide Wireless Tower.... but ran out of funds and the project got shut down. But still, I wonder if there's a futur for this technology, I mean, it's being commercialized right now and ready to hit stores in april (I'm not sure if it was april 2009 or will be april 2010... but look at this:

Wireless Electricity Coming Soon!

Oh and if you wanna know a little more about who is Nikola Tesla is, check this out:

PT1 - Current Technology - Wireless Electricity
I'm the most retarded KEA member, no exceptions, so don't worry if I make a compliment on your mom's implants or if I talk about the goose Zone_Trooper fucked on youtube and how it was awesome. The name's Azrick, and if you hear something weird... just say ''Awww normal, it's Azrick -_-''

Offline DinG

• KEA Field Marshal
  • A Perfectionest
  • I AM THE GENERAL MAN
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 02:41:55 PM »
this might be a good idea but they are failing to take into account the health hazards of having high energy signals wirelessly transmitted.. i.e. the long term effects of having electrical signals messing with people's brains.. specifically the neuron firings and the synapse signals.. also the long term effects of the heart being exposed to high energy signals...

also.. not to mention that wireless electricity is ridiculously inefficient... unless the technology is perfected and there are some long term health impact studies done on the matter.. personally, i will stay faaaaarr away from this no matter how cool the idea..

Offline brdmichaud

• A Perfectionest
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 02:54:07 PM »
this might be a good idea but they are failing to take into account the health hazards of having high energy signals wirelessly transmitted.. i.e. the long term effects of having electrical signals messing with people's brains.. specifically the neuron firings and the synapse signals.. also the long term effects of the heart being exposed to high energy signals...

also.. not to mention that wireless electricity is ridiculously inefficient... unless the technology is perfected and there are some long term health impact studies done on the matter.. personally, i will stay faaaaarr away from this no matter how cool the idea..

OK Dr Oz.....what is your empirical evidence?

Offline Shadow of Enigma

• 7r34Ð $0ƒ7£¥ ƒ0r ¥0µ 7r34Ð 0n m¥ Ðr34m$
  • KEA Lieutenant
  • An Old Member
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 02:55:48 PM »

actually Dell's released a stand for its 16z laptop that lets you charge the laptop wireless:

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/laptops/dell-s-wireless-charging-laptop-breaks-cover-639135
"Agent Lundy? So I hear a rumor you're tracking all our Internet activity, so is it true? 'Cause I can explain all that she-male stuff." --Vince Masuka

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 03:58:29 PM »
i cant wait till they get it integrated in everything.

Offline Azrick

• Nooooooooob!
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 05:51:28 PM »
Yeah well cellphones are said to give cancer and people still use them cause they are fuckin usefull, so I don't think health will be a major reason for ppl not to buy that shit. But I wonder if what the guy says is true, like, the device uses the same magnetic waves as the earth's magnetic field, then it would mean it's not really dangerous... If they work on it and they're able to make something good out of this first prototype, it might change a lot of things in our future.

What I mean by changing a lot of things in the future.... I got 2 other videos for you guys loll, and please TELL me what you think!!

First video is a prototype that's been released about 4 or 5 years ago if i'm not mistakin, released by Microsoft... The Microsoft Home of the future:

Inside Microsoft's "Future Home"

Of course a house like that would be very expansive.

Offline DinG

• KEA Field Marshal
  • A Perfectionest
  • I AM THE GENERAL MAN
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 06:43:39 PM »
OK Dr Oz.....what is your empirical evidence?

thats what i am saying.. there isnt enough empirical evidence to suggest either ways! i mean.. i have a philips shaving machine that charges wirelessly (induction charging).. basically if u keep the hand unit anywhere about 1 foot from the base stand, it charges..

also there is a huge difference between the type of signals cell phones use as compared to the signal strength required to  transmit electricity..

there is empirical evidence about the increased rates of tumors and cancers to people who live near electrical wire towers and power substations.. thats why i was wondering what large scale wireless electricity would do...just wondering cuz we dont have evidence either way..

Offline D-MAN

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 06:52:54 PM »
This is a GREAT technology. But as many of you stated before if it screws up my mind anymore than it already is I will be strongly opposed to the mass production/distribution of such a product.

Offline brdmichaud

• A Perfectionest
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 06:56:02 PM »
thats what i am saying.. there isnt enough empirical evidence to suggest either ways! i mean.. i have a philips shaving machine that charges wirelessly (induction charging).. basically if u keep the hand unit anywhere about 1 foot from the base stand, it charges..

also there is a huge difference between the type of signals cell phones use as compared to the signal strength required to  transmit electricity..

there is empirical evidence about the increased rates of tumors and cancers to people who live near electrical wire towers and power substations.. thats why i was wondering what large scale wireless electricity would do...just wondering cuz we dont have evidence either way..

Negro please

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 08:10:16 PM »
im with ding on this one.

Offline Azrick

• Nooooooooob!
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 09:35:00 PM »
Ok let's say they proove that it's treatless to humans, who would like to have that kind of device in his house? ME FOR SURE  ;D lolll, come on, my laptop could work without a wire, I would never forget to charge my phone, that'd be awesome. Think about it Ding you could even make your electronic dildo work without having to change batteries every 2-days =D  :P

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2009, 05:19:27 PM »
we arent saying that its a horrible idea azrick, we are just saying that it can propose many health concerns.

i think i can speak for 98% of the worlds population that we would love this device.

Offline Azrick

• Nooooooooob!
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2009, 08:01:56 PM »
Hey I just noticed I forgot to post my 2nd video. How's that guys, a vision of the future lolll, creeps me =P

Microsoft's Vision For 2019

Offline D-MAN

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2009, 08:06:13 PM »
LOL. Um... yeah. Good luck Microsoft. Your gunna need ot.

Offline Azrick

• Nooooooooob!
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2009, 08:17:45 PM »
lollll yeah I saw a parody opf this video wih a narrator that said at the end: Microsoft's future... your future.... our future.... in 84 years loll

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal

ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 17 queries.