KEAGaming

Please login or register.

Author Topic: be back tonight  (Read 5441 times)

Offline Boats N' Hoes

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
be back tonight
« on: December 05, 2008, 03:53:42 PM »
havent been on in like 2 weeks but i'll be back on tonight hopefully...i'll finally have time to clean out my computer today and maybe do a virus scan or sumthin. after im done cleaning it out hopefully it will run better and i wont be lagging like shit everytime i play any fps. see ya guys soon....hopefully.
"My ass is a cum dumpster for large black men."

-Sloppypowerbottom

Offline RAMBO

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
Re: be back tonight
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 04:35:49 PM »
good luck with that

Offline Boats N' Hoes

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 06:45:18 PM »
I cleaned out my computer and am now in the process of defraging the whole thing....holy shit it's gonna take like 10 fucking hours...proly wont be on tonight but defidently tomarrow.

-Sloppypowerbottom

Offline Boats N' Hoes

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 08:45:13 PM »
wow....FUCK MY COMPUTER!! I'm tired of this shit. i clean out all the dust inside my computer, defrag the whole fucking thing, take off my firewall, put DOD:S on the lowest settings, and still the mother fucker won't work. i still get horrible lag and just a second ago when i got on i timed out in like 3 seconds because when people talk on the mic i get kicked and it says "net buffer overlow" seriously WTF is wrong with my computer. two weeks ago it was fine and now it's shit. i looked on the steam forums to see if anyone was having the same problem...no such luck. Is there anything else i can do? if not im just gonna quit DOD:S for good cause this is gay and i have know idea how to solve it and am tired of trying to figure out how. i would just call a proffesional to look at my computer but my dad wont let me and he himself has know idea what to do about the computer either.

FUCK

help anyone? plz keep it serious and on topic...i know it's hard for you guys but plz try.

EDIT: i know that this is in the wrong section of the forums but i didnt feel like making anew topic. move it if you want.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 08:49:12 PM by The Profit »

-Sloppypowerbottom

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 10:12:37 PM »
ill help you out, just message me some weekend.

Offline NWP

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 07:32:34 AM »
format the hard drive.

Offline Boats N' Hoes

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 10:44:42 AM »
Ran a full virus scan + an ad ware. nothing changed. I dont know much about computers so this is probably way wrong but im gonna give it a shot. ok, so everytime i join the server it takes forever to load usually it says parsing game info for like la sec.maybe. but now when i join now it takes like 10 secs. also it usually only takes like 5 secs to send client info. now it doesnt. retrieving server info oddly enough is faster then it was before. ok so after i finally get into the server i play for a couple of seconds with some minor lag. then BAM right when somebody talks my screen freezes but i can still move and when i unfreeze when they stop talking i basially teleport. then if 2 or 3 people talk at the same tme or near the same time i lose my connection and it says net buffer overflow. i was think that maybe it has something to with my audio card. i mean everything sounds fine except when people use in game voice it breaks up. but for some reason my brand new mic doesnt work and yesterday when i tried to have a voice chat on steam i couldn't hear the other end and the other end couldn't hear me. Is thier away to make it so my net buffer(w/e that is) doesn't overflow? or is thier something else that could be wrong?

thanks kill for helping me out last night.

im sad to say it didn't prevent my problems.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 10:47:14 AM by The Profit »

-Sloppypowerbottom

Offline NWP

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 11:37:42 AM »
Could be a mother board issue...move your sound card to another pci slot.

Offline fury

• mnn
  • KEA Lieutenant
  • Get A Life
  • come to bed,ill show you some tricks baby.
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 01:39:09 PM »
could also be the network card..specially if its onboard,you running vista xp or vista? u got the right up to date drivers?
could be an odd issue between the sound card and the network card if they share the same iq address..or if theyr both onboard which im pretty sure they are.

i strongly recommend you reinstall windows from scratch,i dont think you need to format the drive..but you DO NEED to quick erase you old windows with the same windows cd,if that doesnt work you can either buy a new network card or a soundcard and disable the old one on the bios setup.

Offline Boats N' Hoes

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 06:12:59 PM »
i have xp. Whats the network card is that the same as my ethernet card?

-Sloppypowerbottom

Offline fury

• mnn
  • KEA Lieutenant
  • Get A Life
  • come to bed,ill show you some tricks baby.
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 02:44:56 PM »
absolutely

Offline Crzy_Canuck

• Part of The Family
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 03:30:18 PM »
fuckers!!,....bunch of fuckers!!...oh wait..this isn't my anger management class!?!?!
yes..still down... >:(
And yes i know this discussion isn't about me but I'm making it about me!!!  ;D ;D

Offline Boats N' Hoes

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 05:44:26 PM »
absolutely

How much does anew ethernet card cost? how much does a new sound card cost?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 07:36:45 PM by The Profit »

-Sloppypowerbottom

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 07:54:21 PM »
absolutely

How much does anew ethernet card cost? how much does a new sound card cost?
depends. do you really need a ethernet card? dont you have those ports on your PC? and a new sound card depends. same with the ethernet card.

Offline Boats N' Hoes

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2008, 09:54:03 PM »
ok i just blew $100 on a new sound card.....sadley thats not the problem. got a $17 ethernet im putting in now.

hope it works. : :-\

-Sloppypowerbottom

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 10:42:15 PM »
ok i just blew $100 on a new sound card.....sadley thats not the problem. got a $17 ethernet im putting in now.

hope it works. : :-\
is this still about you lagging? could it be from overheating?

Offline Boats N' Hoes

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2008, 11:42:02 PM »
nope it's not over heating. i have done everything short of buying a new computer. everytime i get in game when some one uses their mic or types i freeze. it's not the game or my isp because i can play on my laptop with almost no problem except the ocassional lag or being unable to scope, nothing big though. if it was just a little bit of lag or even a lot i wouldn't be bitching this much, but its not. it's basically impossible to play. after the new sound and ethernet card didn't work and updated drivers didnt work i shifted my attention toward the router. i went online and found other people who were getting kicked by the message "buffer overflow in net message" they fixed thier problem by changing some settings on their router or just connecting straight to their computer. i tried both solutions to no avail. The only thing i haven't done is reformat my hard drive which my dad doesn't want to do. anyway i doubt thats the problem. I'll still try to play in the server but it will be on my not so great laptop. i have no ideaa where to go from here. i dont have the money, time, or will to get a best buy guy or someone to come out here and look at it. especially since i think i've done just about everything that can be done short of spending a shit load of money that i dont have.

-Sloppypowerbottom

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 12:29:32 AM »
ok, one last solution. change your rates.
in console, type in
cl_cmdrate 100
Cl_updaterate 101
rate 30000

one at a time in console.

if this doesnt work, here is a page on router stuff https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9121-WIFJ-7222

thats really all i got

Offline Boats N' Hoes

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 03:49:52 PM »
ok, one last solution. change your rates.
in console, type in
cl_cmdrate 100
Cl_updaterate 101
rate 30000

one at a time in console.

if this doesnt work, here is a page on router stuff https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9121-WIFJ-7222

thats really all i got

THANK YOU SO MUCH DUDE! it worked! all i needed to do was change my rates. I still dont know why this problem just started to occur like 3 weeks ago. I dont give a fuck though, now that i got it fixed. thanks a lot kill and everyone else who tried to help.

now all i gotta do is get used to this game again. Combat Arms is so much different...now everytime someone shoots at me i always wanna jump but in DOD that slows you down.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 03:51:30 PM by The Profit »

-Sloppypowerbottom

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 05:43:40 PM »
np

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal

ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.122 seconds with 17 queries.