KEAGaming

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Economic Stimulus Bill  (Read 6615 times)

Offline D-MAN

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
Economic Stimulus Bill
« on: January 29, 2009, 08:30:00 PM »
The House passed an $819 billion economic stimulus package Wednesday on a 244-188 vote.

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act includes $544 billion in spending and $275 billion in tax relief. The Senate is working on a similar package, with the goal of getting a final bill to President Barack Obama in February.

Link: http://www.bizjournals.com/losangeles/stories/2009/01/26/daily27.html

Offline RAMBO

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
Re: Economic Stimulus Bill
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 04:05:01 PM »
The House passed an $819 billion economic stimulus package Wednesday on a 244-188 vote.

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act includes $544 billion in spending and $275 billion in tax relief. The Senate is working on a similar package, with the goal of getting a final bill to President Barack Obama in February.

Shit, D-Man, I think that was your first serious post. +1 My friend. I vote yes, show me the money BTW, but I should have voted for the last one.

Offline soviet pizza

• man banana
  • Part of The Family
  • balls deep inside your grandma
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 04:50:15 PM »
I dont know if throwing money at the problem will solve it, but at this point what does it matter, its not like we have another option except letting these companies fail.

Offline [OnA]Sloppy

• OnA Pest
  • A Perfectionest
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 05:25:00 PM »
let the companies fail

Offline Boats N' Hoes

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 05:26:32 PM »
let the companies fail

x2

this is the cost of a capitalist/ free market society. Deal with it.
"My ass is a cum dumpster for large black men."

-Sloppypowerbottom

Offline D-MAN

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 07:59:07 PM »

Shit, D-Man, I think that was your first serious post. +1 My friend. I vote yes, show me the money BTW, but I should have voted for the last one.
LOL, thanks for the compliment! I'm glad i'm finally on your good side.

Rev. Jim Jones

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 10:57:00 PM »
They need to make government work projects like in the 1930's.

Offline D-MAN

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 11:45:57 PM »
They need to make government work projects like in the 1930's.
Yeah, but we would need http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/fdr.jpg
if that were to work...

darkiefoxie

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 03:02:22 PM »
the new deal actually really didnt do that much, the war brought us out of the depression, and the stimulus bill isnt for the companies, its for the state to create jobs, road work, schools and shit

Offline D-MAN

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 05:46:52 PM »
the new deal actually really didnt do that much, the war brought us out of the depression, and the stimulus bill isnt for the companies, its for the state to create jobs, road work, schools and shit
LOL, way to revitalize a dead thread....but at least your getting involved...

darkiefoxie

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 06:46:07 PM »
well then.... i didnt notice the dates

MIFIVE

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 10:48:55 PM »
the US gummint isn't giving you money, they're getting it loaned to them from china which will have to be paid back by you and your kids later in life; if the fucktard CEOs run a company into the ground and it's investors are retarded enough to get talked into letting them do it, then they deserve nothing more to fail and get consumed by a fiscally responsible competitor

Offline RAMBO

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 05:48:27 AM »

So I guess the upwards of a trillion dollars being given to banks to pay off bad assets, to give out for loans, and the pay their current debt, isn't "shit for companies"? They, for the most part, are privately own banks you silly goose. In their theory, you give the bank the money. People take out a loan and build a home business, buy a car, buy a house, etc. Therefore, there is a transaction of money from one person to another. If they start a business, they create jobs and higher workers. More money in the peoples pockets. What will they do? Spend that fucking money. As for the business man, he is selling goods and merchandise raking in the dough, but he still has that loan. Well, he pays back that loan at say, a 5 percent interest rate. Well, when the bank gets that money back, a certain percentage will go to the govt. to pay off their loan, but they save a little to loan back out to the people, so they can make more money. Do I win?

darkiefoxie

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 03:40:35 PM »
no you dont, the 1 trillion isnt part of the stimulus bill, they just said it in the report.

i wonder if any of you know what stimulus is

secret: stimulates the economy

giving companies money wont stimulate the economy, so you sir fail.

and the fuck head republicans think that keeping the car companies alive is better than fixing all the fucking roads, better fucking schools (ok i guess) building new shit (more jobs). im not a democrat or a republican because i think they are both dumb asses and make equal stupid laws/decisions

edit: sorry its the banks not the car companies blah i dunno why i was thinking them
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 06:28:53 PM by darkiefoxie »

Offline D-MAN

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 05:19:24 PM »
Those freakin car companies always take all the attention....DAMN THEM!  >:(

Offline Shippo

• Refered to as "The One"
  • KEA Friend
  • An Old Member
  • Mothra wants hugs before killing you. Srsly
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 01:00:13 PM »
It pisses me off that people think the government can help.  It's not their job.  You're giving an inflated bureaucratic organization while losing your rights to do things on your own.  This stimulus bill is overinflated, useless, and unconstitutional.  If our founding fathers were alive, they would  probably organize another fucking revolution to take things back to they way they should be, with minimal government interference.

Also, they may clear a few things up about church and state and gun control, but who knows.  That is another topic.

The only thing that I look forward to, that if this package fails, then it makes Barack Obama and the democratic party look like morons (and be funny as hell in a dark humor kind of way).  Though the liberal media won't report about it to cover their asses.

MIFIVE

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 01:58:02 PM »
It pisses me off that people think the government can help.  It's not their job.  You're giving an inflated bureaucratic organization while losing your rights to do things on your own.  This stimulus bill is overinflated, useless, and unconstitutional.  If our founding fathers were alive, they would  probably organize another fucking revolution to take things back to they way they should be, with minimal government interference.

Also, they may clear a few things up about church and state and gun control, but who knows.  That is another topic.

The only thing that I look forward to, that if this package fails, then it makes Barack Obama and the democratic party look like morons (and be funny as hell in a dark humor kind of way).  Though the liberal media won't report about it to cover their asses.

republicans get in power, fuck things up, voters put in democrats to teach repubs a lesson, dems fuck things up even worse, voters put in repubs to teach them a lesson, who unbelievably proceed to fuck up things even more

this whole process increases the size of government nonstop; the more things change, the more they stay the same

darkiefoxie

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 02:54:02 PM »

you sir are wrong, the stimulus bill is giving money to the states, so they have money to pay for road work, education needs, rebuilding shit and stuff, none of the 800bil is going to companies, its going to the states

Offline RAMBO

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 02:58:46 PM »
you sir are wrong, the stimulus bill is giving money to the states, so they have money to pay for road work, education needs, rebuilding shit and stuff, none of the 800bil is going to companies, its going to the states

FAIL
Please educate yourself, possibly read my previous post, and learn something. The posts you have made in this thread are complete bullshit propaganda. Please, next time you have a thought, just let it go. Or, formulate an educated response then start typing.

Offline Shippo

• Refered to as "The One"
  • KEA Friend
  • An Old Member
  • Mothra wants hugs before killing you. Srsly
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 05:18:48 PM »

So, the money is going into a heavily bureaucratic organization that gets shit done, gives them more rights (while taking away my rights) and blows my tax money on shit that I highly doubt I will see.  Also, I live in Michigan.  Our governor for some sick reason keeps getting reelected by morons.  She will blow this cash on shit.

Parts of the bill also address such issues as net netrality (by taking it away) and by getting the government more involved with my doctor (basically standing over his shoulder to make sure he gives me the "right" treatment).  Among other things.  And the god for damn things is over 9000 pages.  The Bible is shorter and easier to understand.  People need to realize that it is not the governments job to fix the economy.  Let the large companies and banks fail, let the states learn how to fucking budget and spend taxpayer money. 

That is my thinking, may be wrong and I could survive you in a debate, that that is my opinion

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal

ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.3 seconds with 17 queries.