KEAGaming

Please login or register.

Author Topic: What do you think?  (Read 14963 times)

Offline D-MAN

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
What do you think?
« on: August 07, 2009, 12:49:57 AM »
Ok ladies. I talked earlier today with a few of you and I REALLY want a new gun. right now I own a RUGER .22 cal long rifle, And i want an upgrade...

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/525/products_id/38643

What I want to know is if you have any pointers for me and this gun...like, how much is the ammo if you have bought it in the past...accuracy..... if I can hook a scope onto the carrying handle or if I have to remove the handle and get the mounting bracket for the scope separately...or any other fun facts you might know to help my buying experience more pleasurable.... Basically make a positive post that makes me want to buy this bad ass gun.
BUT NO LIES! I prefer the truth.  ;D

Oh. and BTW, what is a "single stage" trigger? please explain that....I'm as good with guns as I am with computers, and that REALLY concerns me.

THANKS MUCH!!!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 12:53:00 AM by D-MAN »

Offline JoseCuervo

• Old Farts
  • Nooooooooob!
  • Thumbs up, lets do this!
Re: What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 01:08:57 AM »
D-man,

Sorry, I dont know anything about that gun.  I bought my first rifle about 3 weeks ago.  It is a Saiga 7.62x39.  The ammo I buy costs $5.99 per box of 20 shells.  The gun I bought comes in 3 models, the .223, 7.62x39, and .308 (7.62x51.)  I don't know if its a lot but I have been through over 300 rounds so far without any problems at all.  The guys at the dealesrhip told me its a lot stronger round then the .223.  They did say that the .223 is more accurate.  I shoot mine from 100 yards with open sights and, again, I have no problems.  Mine only cost me $400(new)compared to what that gun costs.

I live in New Jersey.  Not sure how firearms and ammuntion prices differ from where I am to you. 

I'm a gun newb.  So I dont know what anyone else has to say on it.  Hope anything I said helped. 

-Jose!

Offline pixiestyx

• Server Enforcer Extraordinaire
  • KEA General Administrator
  • Get A Life
  • I'm awesome, ya'll can STFU.
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 09:45:45 AM »
I shot an AR-15 when I was younger.  223 ammo like this gun and nearly the same gun really.  They make short range scopes that fit on the "handle" as you put it.  It's really your sight rail.  If you're looking to use this gun more for scoped shooting, you may want to look into newer versions with the flat top, which can accomodate larger scopes.

Notice the top one with the mounted scope, like the gun you're looking at, and in the 2nd picture, the flat top version.  It's a new use of the gun which allows for larger scopes and more additions.

Offline mr.teeth

• The Best of the Best
  • Can barley stay on topic.
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 09:47:05 AM »
Well to be honest id say NOT to buy that just because its semi-auto and just takes away from the M4 feel.. If u want one of these join the military instead and u can shoot one :) Buy a couple shot guns and go skeet shooting its pretty fun
Here comes Mr. Teeth!!

Offline D-MAN

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 10:16:09 AM »
thanks bunches guys, your words of wisdom have been very usefull.

Jose, yould you be willing to pist a pic of your weapon so I can see the .308 and its...GREATNESS...Thanks!

And pixy. thanks a lot that is just the kind of answer I am looking for. And im not really interested in the fully automatic weapons, they are just ammo eaters, and I like the idea of long range shooting, it makes me feel more powerfull.  ;D .And With that being said, if I had the money I would happily buy the gun in you second picture. thanks much guys, and keep the answers/helpfull words coming.

Offline Sgt Snot Rocket(bonefish)

• KEA Colonel
  • Part of The Family
  • Quit crying and die like a man!
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 10:50:02 AM »
Hey D-Man,

I have a Smith & Wesson M&P15, its very similar to the Olympic.
I have found the best place to get ammo is cheaperthandirt.com They have some great deals on surplus 5.56 and also on .223 if you prefer. You'll be looking at about 50 cents a round, give or take which makes it expensive to shoot all day. There are conversion uppers and kits available to convert it to .22 for plinking and stuff, that really helps as a brick of .22 is around $20.
 I have an Eotech 517 with the a magnifier mounted on mine which works really well, I can shoot the balls off of a bee at 200 yds with it.

Have fun, be safe and dont fuckin shoot yourself or anyone else on accident, these rounds go a looooong way, be sure of your backstop :)

Offline ScrotalTorment

• Professional Meatshield
  • OnA Pest
  • An Old Member
  • Applesauce Bitch
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 04:18:23 PM »
be sure of your backstop :)
I find using a crowd at a local small town fair works out really well.

MIFIVE

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 11:55:10 PM »
Fuck that shit, follow me and I'll show you the light:

The 'light' I speak of is the muzzle flash

Offline Run Away!

• KEA Colonel
  • A Perfectionest
  • Made In The USA
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 12:03:26 AM »
Gotta love mifive. Well if your looking for a handgun I love my glock. I got the .22 swap out barrel for it as well as a longer 9mm barrel. Its a pretty fun little gun but yes I understand one might call it ghetto and shit. I also own a 30'6 and a ruger 22 semi auto.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 12:18:20 AM »
I love shooting my ar-15. I think its just really fun. But then again I like shooting guns.

Offline D-MAN

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 12:24:05 AM »
I love shooting guns too, but they cost like .50 cents a round if you have a high caliber. I just can't really justify it.
thats why I like my .22 for plinking, its like oh,  $13.00 for 550 shells, GREAT deal.  ;D

Offline Run Away!

• KEA Colonel
  • A Perfectionest
  • Made In The USA
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 12:25:46 AM »
Yeah the .22 gets pretty old after a while. Ive been having a lot of fun with my dad and a few friends shooting clay pidgeons lately. Well take out the pump 12 gauges and just shoot away. Ive worked myself up to being able to do a triple with a 5 shot pump. Shit is fucking hard lol.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 12:28:43 AM »
I was never into the whole shotgun thing, atleast for shooting targets, i find it boring. I just like putting it under my shoulder and doing rapid fire. haha.

MIFIVE

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 03:35:57 AM »
bulk AK ammo is this cheapest high-caliber round you're gunna find anywhere...at cabela's in town here 500 rds of HP or FMJ run about $125ish (it varies, theres a combination of high demand and high metal prices right now, so all bullets in general are higher in price)

• KEA Colonel
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2009, 08:27:57 AM »
I find using a crowd at a local small town fair works out really well.

I use the playground at the local pre-school, love the way the rounds go DING when they hit the climbing frame.

Offline fury

• mnn
  • KEA Lieutenant
  • Get A Life
  • come to bed,ill show you some tricks baby.
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2009, 08:46:12 AM »
I use the playground at the local pre-school, love the way the rounds go DING when they hit the climbing frame.
i use a chick with a big pair of juggs,it makes up for the recoil
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 11:47:18 AM by fury »

Offline DinG

• KEA Field Marshal
  • A Perfectionest
  • I AM THE GENERAL MAN
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2009, 10:18:18 AM »
god bless america and 100 round drum magazines.. u know.. to fight the taleban on ur backyards,, thats why u need the drums..

Offline RAMBO

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2009, 01:08:59 PM »
D-MAN, just my opinion on this, I am sure they will work fine, but I don't buy generic guns. It's like generic medicine and condoms. Just doesn't make sense. This passed week me and two buddies have shot quite a few rounds. Some generic guns, some high quality. You can tell the difference. If you want a high quality gun, that is accurate, and can modify (you said scope) it is going to be pricey. The more manly the caliber, the more you pay. However, if you do get a big caliber, buy in bulk as 1K rounds at a time and it'll be a lot cheaper. Just like buying beer by the cans, case, or a keg.
Some top of the line shit right now is the Rugger SR-556. However, your paying for the quality and the name. It's 2 grand. Or you can get a Bushmaster made for home defense and sporting. Its only about 7 pounds with a full clip and can be fully modded with military and non-military parts at $1,250. Or you can go with that inaccurate, plastic, generic brand, bullshit for 700-1000$. But I wouldn't.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2009, 01:38:43 PM »
bulk AK ammo is this cheapest high-caliber round you're gunna find anywhere...at cabela's in town here 500 rds of HP or FMJ run about $125ish (it varies, theres a combination of high demand and high metal prices right now, so all bullets in general are higher in price)
shooting a ak 47 was probably one of my favorite guns to shoot. mainly because it was a automatic.

MIFIVE

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2009, 01:55:56 PM »
god bless america and 100 round drum magazines.. u know.. to fight the taleban on ur backyards,, thats why u need the drums..

well you know, according to our gummint, the taliban could be anywhere, even the white-catholic-blue collar-denim wearing american

Offline D-MAN

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2009, 03:28:50 PM »
Ah, thank you guys. And... I love the semiautomatic firing. But I like the idea of ranged fire. Like 500 yards... And i want the to be able to fix a bad ass scope, .223 or .308 caliber (preferably .223, cuz less kick and cheaper ammunition), and at least a 5 round magazine. See if you can find something like that....

Offline RAMBO

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2009, 10:19:01 AM »
If you want accuracy, a 5 round clip and scope compatibility I think there is a new Remington out. I will try to find a link. Fuck, it's a 4 round clip but you can chamber one so it will hold 5. It's accurate enough to hunt (less than an inch group at 100 yards).

Also, the gun determines the accuracy, the caliber determines the distance. Hell, I am sure some guns are dead on at 500 yards, but they are going to hit 5 feet low. That is stupid to get that caliber if you want to shoot 500 yards. If you want to shoot far, and accurate you have to get a "flat" shooting caliber.

With the .243 caliber it is still hitting 27inches low at 500 yards.
The .223 hits 35+ inches low.

Ballistics

EDIT: Remington R-25  
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 10:36:31 AM by RAMBO »

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2009, 11:18:25 AM »
nice rambo. I think I shot a gun close to that remington, but cant remember.

Offline fury

• mnn
  • KEA Lieutenant
  • Get A Life
  • come to bed,ill show you some tricks baby.
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2009, 11:54:45 AM »
i know this is gonna sound stupid,given my little knowleadge of long range firearms..but for that range,id just aim to hit one foot above..also,cant you set your scope/aim for that range? i know it defeats the purpose..just trying to make a point

please dont bash..im still recovering from yesterday's vodka contest

• KEA Colonel
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2009, 11:58:37 AM »
please dont bash..im still recovering from yesterday's vodka contest

I hope you won...REPRESENT!!!

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal

ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.191 seconds with 17 queries.