KEAGaming

Please login or register.

Author Topic: We need more and different maps on the server.  (Read 9364 times)

Rev. Jim Jones

We need more and different maps on the server.
« on: October 26, 2008, 11:37:47 PM »
We need to add different maps to the server like snowy_bridge or others. How do you all feel?

Offline [OnA]Sloppy

• OnA Pest
  • A Perfectionest
Re: We need more and different maps on the server.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 02:27:03 AM »
i like other maps then 24/7, but it's a lot harder to populate if it isn't 24/7.

Offline dogfacedgremlin

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
  • What is your major malfunction numbnuts?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 12:21:00 PM »
A gun game now and then would be cool.  I think first though we need to get ppl in there.

Rev. Jim Jones

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 02:29:45 PM »
Option for a gun game would be great. If it is not the weekends, our server is dead.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 03:09:15 PM »
well we need to decide on something. cause we really should try to get the server populated. should we try custom maps with gun game?

Offline Boats N' Hoes

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 04:41:48 PM »
i dont think the maps are really the problem. i think if evryone just played on the server when they could it would get populated. once the server starts to get populated then we'll get regulars and we wont have to play on an almost empty server all the time.

i've been in a clan that started out small like this one. their server was always empty untill the clan finally got serious about it and started focusing on getting the server populated. after about a month or two we got regulars and then the server was almost impossible to get into.

all im saying is that it isn't that hard to get the server going, we just have to do something about it.
"My ass is a cum dumpster for large black men."

-Sloppypowerbottom

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 04:55:24 PM »
i dont think the maps are really the problem. i think if evryone just played on the server when they could it would get populated. once the server starts to get populated then we'll get regulars and we wont have to play on an almost empty server all the time.

i've been in a clan that started out small like this one. their server was always empty untill the clan finally got serious about it and started focusing on getting the server populated. after about a month or two we got regulars and then the server was almost impossible to get into.

all im saying is that it isn't that hard to get the server going, we just have to do something about it.
well spoken, if a lot of you got serious and started playing in our server, we would get more regulars, and then it will increase, and then we would start to get more donations, then we could get another server, like a rotation custom map server. so if we all get our asses in gear, we can become populated. if most of you all remember the OnA server, i was talking to tim about it the one night, he said just sit in spec, and wait for a person to join, then join in with them. and spam your friends list. if you do that, it will fill up.

guys, we went from rank 130 down to 215, this is meaning that you arent dedicated to the server, you dont sit in spec and fill it up. if you not at your computer and at work, leave your computer on and sit in spec. if your filling out your word doc. sit in spec. always be on the server. if we can do that. it will fill up. tell all your friends about us and tell them to tell there friends. spread the word.

while in game, be relaxed, admins are there just to make sure rules are followed, not to yell at people saying your getting a week if you dont knock that off! just say knock it off. and if they do it again, either kick them or start making fun of them. back in the day before you could ban from servers, douche bags would come in and start causing chaos. the admins would have to make jokes about them and just start making fun of them, that was their only defense.

if anyone knows the lotus clan server, we have one thing they dont, admins! they never have an admin on, we do, and if we do, we dont have to worry about a tker or hacker making everyone leave.

just food for thought here.

Offline Boats N' Hoes

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 05:10:46 PM »
another tip for filling up the server....

DONT OWN THE NOOBS TOO BADLY!

if your playing with only a few people on just practice with a shitty gun so people dont start leaving cause their score is like 2 kills and 30 deaths(if they even stay on that long).

another thing you should do if your playing with only a few people is try to become friends with them(even if they are fags) and make sure they add the server to thier favorites.

-Sloppypowerbottom

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 05:16:23 PM »
another tip for filling up the server....

DONT OWN THE NOOBS TOO BADLY!

if your playing with only a few people on just practice with a shitty gun so people dont start leaving cause their score is like 2 kills and 30 deaths(if they even stay on that long).

another thing you should do if your playing with only a few people is try to become friends with them(even if they are fags) and make sure they add the server to thier favorites.
good ideas. but unfortunately this is in the wrong section now, (even if they are fags). when they like us and go to the forums and read this, they are gonna think that this is what happened to them. lol. when im by myself and someone new comes in ill play with rocket. im not that great with it.

Offline Boats N' Hoes

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 05:20:09 PM »
when someone new comes in i play with in any weapon except rifile and sniper.

i suk at evrything else(well i geuss im ok with support) :'(

-Sloppypowerbottom

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 05:25:38 PM »
well i suggest everyone starts using these tips. cause we need to find something that works

Rev. Jim Jones

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 11:49:44 PM »
I am seeing even JNS being empty when it isnt the weekend. With all the new games (tf2 cod4 and now fc2) Day of Defeat: Source is losing players.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 03:29:07 PM »
I am seeing even JNS being empty when it isnt the weekend. With all the new games (tf2 cod4 and now fc2) Day of Defeat: Source is losing players.
ya, it will soon be over

Offline Glox

• KEA Colonel
  • A Perfectionest
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 10:00:42 PM »
It shall always live in our hearts!

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 10:07:42 PM »
I am open for different maps. I had suggested before making a custom map (or something besides AVA) night and testing other maps. And I do agree with sitting in spec. to help the server. I also think that DODS is slowly going down with all these new games coming out but it would be awesome if they made another newer DODS though I doubt it.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 11:21:16 PM »
I am open for different maps. I had suggested before making a custom map (or something besides AVA) night and testing other maps. And I do agree with sitting in spec. to help the server. I also think that DODS is slowly going down with all these new games coming out but it would be awesome if they made another newer DODS though I doubt it.
if i get any word on a new dods, we are switching over servers ASAP. me and rollin were talking, its best to start out with a game and you will do very well. so if a new dod comes out. we are switching over to it.

Offline brdmichaud

• A Perfectionest
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 04:54:21 PM »
No we don't

brd

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 05:25:21 PM »
No we don't

brd
? no we dont for what? switching games?

Offline RAMBO

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2008, 06:25:51 PM »
I got bored of reading shitty posts so I jumped to the end. What if your good with every gun? Don't know if anyone else stated this problem.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2008, 11:17:11 PM »
I got bored of reading shitty posts so I jumped to the end. What if your good with every gun? Don't know if anyone else stated this problem.
what? topic?

Offline fury

• mnn
  • KEA Lieutenant
  • Get A Life
  • come to bed,ill show you some tricks baby.
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2008, 09:05:46 PM »
lol..u dont have that problem do you?

Offline RAMBO

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2008, 08:09:21 AM »
Yep, I do. Oh yea, I switched it to jagd ( i think) and it filled up fast a week ago. Also, everyone like to play it because it was a change. About getting donations, some guy said he would donate 60 because he likes our server so much. He wasn't KEA either. That's why we need regulars because they'll help us out if we help them out by having a faggot free fun server.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2008, 12:48:08 PM »
wow. if we keep pulling in these donations, we will beable to run multiple servers. or maybe improve our website. idk. although we really do appreciate all the donations no matter how big or small. i noticed our server getting more popular to.

Offline Boats N' Hoes

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2008, 03:12:19 PM »
wow. if we keep pulling in these donations, we will beable to run multiple servers. or maybe improve our website. idk. although we really do appreciate all the donations no matter how big or small. i noticed our server getting more popular to.

yea our sever has been getting more popular in the last few days. keep up the good work evryone. but remember that popularity also brings in more ass holes, tkers, and team wounders.

-Sloppypowerbottom

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2008, 03:15:11 PM »
dont forget hackers. as long as we have an admin on the server, its all good. btw, if you are an admin that can only kick and a hacker comes on, give us a quick demo, and his steam id, and just kick him for then. we will ban him later.

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal

ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.134 seconds with 17 queries.