KEAGaming

Please login or register.

Author Topic: insomnia  (Read 10775 times)

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
insomnia
« on: October 22, 2009, 01:52:16 AM »
it sucks just sayin, only got 30 min of sleep last night and tonight the most i can get now is 3 hours.

yay for me

Offline DC

• Can barley stay on topic.
Re: insomnia
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 06:10:32 AM »
it sucks just sayin, only got 30 min of sleep last night and tonight the most i can get now is 3 hours.

yay for me

Anatomy books are the cure to insomnia.

Offline brdmichaud

• A Perfectionest
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 07:13:33 AM »

yay for me

Welcome to the club...it sucks and when you get older it gets worst.  Smoke a bowl you'll be alright

Offline NWP

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 08:36:11 AM »
yea that sucks...I have nights like that. Fortunately its not a persistent problem.

Offline E.S.P. GAGE

• KEA Colonel
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 09:46:41 AM »
Welcome to the club...it sucks and when you get older it gets worst.  Smoke a bowl you'll be alright

No shit on the older it gets the worse it get part. Usually it's stress related so clear your mind, hey maybe a bowl would help.

E.S.P

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 10:41:52 AM »
Is it that you are busy or just can't fall asleep......or both?

Offline Shippo

• Refered to as "The One"
  • KEA Friend
  • An Old Member
  • Mothra wants hugs before killing you. Srsly
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 10:55:18 AM »
I haven't been able to sleep either, damn weather

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 04:21:25 PM »
Is it that you are busy or just can't fall asleep......or both?
topic: insomnia, i just cant sleep.

Offline zone_trooper

• An Old Member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 04:28:42 PM »
When i really want to sleep. I fuck one of you guys mother,

Offline fury

• mnn
  • KEA Lieutenant
  • Get A Life
  • come to bed,ill show you some tricks baby.
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 06:45:32 PM »
read ur car's insurance policy for a few minutes

Offline D-MAN

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 07:12:35 PM »
Sorry Ban Em All. Go to your local library and get a good book or two to get you to fall asleep. I read for about 10 minutes each night and I feel great in the morning. I suggest Band Of Brothers, The Terrible Hours, the Red Badge of Courage, Cchindler's list. Many others, just search on the internet or ask the librabian. BTW I have read all of those books and they were all great. You may think that reading will bor you to death. But just try it, it won't hurt. You don't need any prescriptions....If you were considering that....

Rev. Jim Jones

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 07:59:23 PM »
Drink lots of liquor till you passout it is kinda like sleeping. :D

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 06:51:32 PM »
topic: insomnia, i just cant sleep.

You said "

The first part (30 mins of sleep) could of indicated both not being able to fall asleep or was only able to sleep 30 minutes time-wise. The second part (the most I can get is 3 hours) made me assume that you knew before hand you only had 3 hours, which made me think you only had 3 hours you COULD sleep.

Hope that explains it ;)

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 07:27:24 PM »
time stamps silly.  lol

Offline Hands Mechanical

• Old Farts
  • An Old Member
  • MONOLITHIC JUGGERNAUT
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 08:07:32 PM »
ive had consistent insomnia since i was about 12, the best ways to solve it are: get high as fuck, get drunk as fuck, or read something boring as fuck for about an hour and you'll pass out

my average bed-going time is about 5 am and I have classes in the morning every weekday :(

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 08:09:32 PM »
time stamps silly.  lol

admit it, your post could of went both ways :P

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 08:16:50 PM »
admit it, your post could of went both ways :P
to be honest, every time i read that, and read it along with your explanation, i thought i was pretty clear personally. doesnt mean others think that, but i just think i was clear. i cant really see taking what i said any other way besides the way i meant it.

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 09:54:09 PM »
tonight the most i can get now is 3 hours.
All I'm saying is, at least for this part here above, is that it seemed like it was not insomnia related. It seemed more like is i.e. "I work til midnight and have to get up at 3am", making you know beforehand you only have 3 hours the most you can get.

I'm not trying to make a deal out of it, just explaining.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2009, 10:00:11 PM »
idk.

Offline Sgt Snot Rocket(bonefish)

• KEA Colonel
  • Part of The Family
  • Quit crying and die like a man!
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2009, 10:05:11 PM »
x2 for sure

Offline TERd sniFFa

• Part of The Family
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2009, 10:57:12 PM »
my problem is the opposite. I sleep for like 8-10 hours at night and anything lesser than 8 makes me sluggish during the day. been tryin to sleep lesser hours without much success. silver lining though is offlate i've been getting dreams of having perverted sex in the back seat of my toyota prius with some guys like sloppy, enigma and a few others. couple of glasses of vodka before u sleep sure helps in getting good sleep.

Offline JoseCuervo

• Old Farts
  • Nooooooooob!
  • Thumbs up, lets do this!
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2009, 12:53:13 AM »
I'd say try to level yourself out some.

Eat better and work out during the day.  Eating the wrongs things or working out too late will inhibit your ability to sleep.

Try to switch up your routine.  Keep a book around that you actually want to read.  Do that an hour before you want to sleep.  There are a few guys around here that actually read more than just stop signs.  I'm sure they could give you a list of books if you posted your preference.

If you think too much when you're laying down, maybe you could take a half hour before you lay down to write it all down somewhere.  I won't call it a diary if you won't!

There is this stuff called melatonin.  Your brain produces this shit to make you fall asleep.  From what I have read on it, your brain produces less of it when there is a lot of light and other stimulus going on.  It produces more when it's dark.  It's like your bodies way of saying "fall asleep, asshole, or im kicking your ass tomorrow."  or "rise and shine, sunshine! time to kick your ass today!"  It is also sold in pill form.  It's not like tylenol pm or other sleep aids where the active ingredient is this shit called diphenhydramine.  It's just a little extra of the stuff your body makes.  I'm not an expert.  Our resident chemical expert, Doc, probably knows a lot more about it.  And if not, didn't mean to put you on the spot, Doc.  Lmao...

Other than that, lay down, close your eyes and take deep breathes and try to clear your head.

-Josay!

Offline [OnA]Sloppy

• OnA Pest
  • A Perfectionest
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2009, 02:43:03 AM »
working out at night doesn't work, working out gives you more energy, you can fall asleep a few hours after, but not right away. and also, i don't really think you have insomnia, not calling you out per say, but used to think i had it, it's a wonder what a a room with no lights on will do. if you can lay in bed for 8 hours with the lights off and no source of energy on in your room maybe. but i think a lot of young people think htey have it, realistically you would be almost unable to perform everyday tasks if you had it bad.

Offline D-MAN

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2009, 11:55:33 AM »
Keep a book around that you actually want to read.  Do that an hour before you want to sleep. I'm sure they could give you a list of books if you posted your preference.
I suggest Band Of Brothers, The Terrible Hours, the Red Badge of Courage, Cchindler's list. Many others, just search on the internet or ask the librabian. BTW I have read all of those books and they were all great.
It's worth a try....

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2009, 07:49:09 PM »
ban of brothers is a great book. i actually am reading it, problem is I get into it and just keep reading it.

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal

ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.181 seconds with 17 queries.