KEAGaming

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Eee 1005hab  (Read 2038 times)

Offline Shippo

• Refered to as "The One"
  • KEA Friend
  • An Old Member
  • Mothra wants hugs before killing you. Srsly
Eee 1005hab
« on: August 18, 2009, 04:39:35 PM »
I picked up an Eee 1005hab.  I don't think I can get it to run DoD, but I should be able to get other games running.  I know it will run Warcraft III.  But I may need to find a good fps that I can play online.  Maybe I will rock Quake Live.  No idea.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
Re: Eee 1005hab
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 08:31:04 PM »
I picked up an Eee 1005hab.  I don't think I can get it to run DoD, but I should be able to get other games running.  I know it will run Warcraft III.  But I may need to find a good fps that I can play online.  Maybe I will rock Quake Live.  No idea.
I was just looking at those, they look pretty nice.

Offline Shadow of Enigma

• 7r34Ð $0ƒ7£¥ ƒ0r ¥0µ 7r34Ð 0n m¥ Ðr34m$
  • KEA Lieutenant
  • An Old Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 11:11:16 PM »
o man! i'm jealous, i was actually thinking of getting either the 1005 or the smaller end of Acer's Aspire Timeline. Any chance you can do a quick personal review, and more importantly post battery times? (like with wifi on and full brightness?). I'm primarily looking at those 2 'books for battery life alone (for university).
"Agent Lundy? So I hear a rumor you're tracking all our Internet activity, so is it true? 'Cause I can explain all that she-male stuff." --Vince Masuka

Offline Shippo

• Refered to as "The One"
  • KEA Friend
  • An Old Member
  • Mothra wants hugs before killing you. Srsly
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 05:02:12 AM »
o man! i'm jealous, i was actually thinking of getting either the 1005 or the smaller end of Acer's Aspire Timeline. Any chance you can do a quick personal review, and more importantly post battery times? (like with wifi on and full brightness?). I'm primarily looking at those 2 'books for battery life alone (for university).

I got the battery time to about 3.5 hours.  I drained the battery the first time and then gave it a full charge.  So far I have no problems with this laptop, other than not getting DukeNukem3d running correctly (maybe a dosbox issue).  I picked it up for when/if I enter my MBA program so I can take notes in class.  3 hours should be plenty, but just in case, I'll keep the power brick handy.  My only disklike is that I got it with XP home and there is not a Linux option.  I could have put Ubuntu on here but that would have been a hassle since wireless support is iffy.   I will probably go to Ubuntu when their next LTS comes out.  

Gamewise, I've gotten WarcraftIII and AsaultCube to run.  I'm going to try Arx Fatalis later today.  For some reason it is 6 in the morning and I cant sleep. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 05:03:46 AM by Shippo »

Offline DC

• Can barley stay on topic.
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 02:10:55 PM »
I want to get a little nettop for a HTPC but even with the new ION coming out I'm not thrilled with the atom or the innability of most to use esata.  That and the fact I can get a decent micro atx build for near the same price with the possibility to use raid.

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal

ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.156 seconds with 17 queries.