KEAGaming

Please login or register.

Author Topic: How much $?  (Read 3209 times)

Offline D-MAN

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
How much $?
« on: March 13, 2009, 10:38:25 PM »
In your personal expert opinions how much would it cost me to personally build this computer opposed to buying it from this website:
http://shop1.frys.com/product/5833593?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Also, in your personal expert opinions how much would it cost me to personally build this computer opposed to buying it from the website: http://shop1.frys.com/product/5715252?site=sa:Homepage Pod:Pod3

Offline RAMBO

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
Re: How much $?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 10:44:35 PM »
Why would you build it to match another? Just build it how you want it to be. That's the biggest fucking advantage.

Offline D-MAN

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 10:49:51 PM »
I'm not exctly a great computer guy so I could build my own but im afraid i'll fuck something up...

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 01:55:00 AM »
IT ALL COMES WITH DIRECTIONS!!! pretty easy if you read the directions. hardest part imo is putting in the processor and knowing where to plug something in. watch a youtube vid if needed. also building is usually cheaper.

AND NEVER GET HP! just sayin

Offline koei

• KEA Colonel
  • Nooooooooob!
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 07:16:30 AM »
If you're starting with absolutely nothing(meaning you can't/won't take parts from another PC) my guess is the PC in the first link would cost about 1800.  The second one you'll probably break even. 

Rev. Jim Jones

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 09:12:10 AM »
The P.C. that you posted is f ing extreme hell if you are not into video editing why bother?

Offline NWP

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 08:04:28 AM »
Building it yourself is always cheaper. The one I just built would have cost me almost double if I had let somebody else do it.  And the great thing is I built it the way I wanted it and did not have to buy a bunch of crap that I didnt want. 

Just follow the directions.  Make sure to put in your risers and align the processor right.  Everything else is just plug in and all the connectors on the board are typically marked with what is suppose to be plugged in there.

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal

ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 17 queries.