KEAGaming

Please login or register.

Author Topic: computer problems again....  (Read 2719 times)

Offline Boats N' Hoes

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
computer problems again....
« on: November 30, 2008, 12:07:56 PM »
lately every time i come play DOD:s i get this really bad lag. It seems fine when I'm just running around but as soon as i see a person they start skipping and its almost impossible for me to shoot them. then i start freezing and skipping also. the worst part is is when some1 uses their mic. their mic keeps breaking up into fragments and i freeze completely then start skipping really bad for a bit. my fps is fine, my ping is fine, it says I'm connected to the internet, i have no loss, and no choke. SO WTF IS WRONG? i thought my comp might just need a rest so i turned it off on Wednesday and didn't play it until today. still i have this lag. i have no idea what the problem is my dad says not to do virus scan and he still hasn't talked to the provider. my dad told me to spray out all the components on the comp with compressed air which i plan to do tonight but i doubt it will help since i think its an internet connecton problem not a processing one. any comments on how to fix this are welcome.
"My ass is a cum dumpster for large black men."

-Sloppypowerbottom

Offline Crzy_Canuck

• Part of The Family
Re: computer problems again....
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 01:48:12 PM »
Almost sounds like an vid card problem...but wtf do I know lol  ;D

Offline Glox

• KEA Colonel
  • A Perfectionest
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 03:36:20 PM »
Download some free stress testing software and run a test.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 05:53:34 PM »
your computer could just need a little clean out. here are some clean out tips.
1. Empty out your cookies, internet files, and cache.
2. Clean out your temp files, do this by going to C:\WINDOWS\Temp and then delete all the files there. Do not delete the folder.
3. Run a disk clean up. go to start, all programs, accessories, system tools, disk clean up. follow the rest. check what ever needs to be checked.
4.Run a disk defrag. same thing as step three except click disk defragmenter.
5. You might have a virus or spyware, whatever it could be. run your anti virus and do a full scan. then you might want to run another program called Ad-aware. I think i told you to do this in the last solution, just search it in google.

btw, im moving this topic to computer and tech 

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal

ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.153 seconds with 17 queries.