KEAGaming

Please login or register.

Author Topic: NEED MORE PEOPLE!!!!  (Read 11311 times)

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
NEED MORE PEOPLE!!!!
« on: August 05, 2008, 11:10:03 PM »
Alright, we should get more people on our servers, anyone have any ideas? post any thing that you think of. lets get working

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 11:18:49 PM by KillEmAll »

Offline [OnA]Sloppy

• OnA Pest
  • A Perfectionest
Re: NEED MORE PEOPLE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 03:16:24 AM »
one thing to do at first(imo)is keep the dl's to a minimum. people wanting to join an ava server just want to join quick and see if they like it. i usually wont join a server if dl's take more then about 30 seconds, unless it's a map. Some servers have so many sounds it takes 5 min to dl all the shit which i hate. The most important thing now is just play everynight, and try and get a regular group of people playing, and not just kea people but outside people.

Offline NWP

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 06:58:27 AM »
I have let my friends know about the server..a whopping two!!..lol..no just kidding its really only one.  I think one problem we do have is that most of use are busy during the day and dont have time to play so the server looks empty even though after about five pm we all start joining.

Offline brdmichaud

• A Perfectionest
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 04:41:18 PM »
Agree with NWP.  Most of us work and I for one sometimes don't get home until 8 - 9 in the evening, by the time I want to play it is usually too late or there are only a few people on playing.  I have spread the word and I think patients should prevail, will be as big as OnA.  My 2 cents

brd

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 10:04:14 PM »
one thing to do at first(imo)is keep the dl's to a minimum. people wanting to join an ava server just want to join quick and see if they like it. i usually wont join a server if dl's take more then about 30 seconds, unless it's a map. Some servers have so many sounds it takes 5 min to dl all the shit which i hate. The most important thing now is just play everynight, and try and get a regular group of people playing, and not just kea people but outside people.

Yeah, I can be the same way with servers with many downloads. Sometimes I don't care but sometimes I'm the opposite. Playing every night is definitely a must, even if you just stay in spectator (don't forget if you do go in specs, do not start downloading with your limewire or torrents, etc... because it can severely lag the server; I guess the high-ping kicker will take care of that anyways).

I have let my friends know about the server..a whopping two!!..lol..no just kidding its really only one.  I think one problem we do have is that most of use are busy during the day and dont have time to play so the server looks empty even though after about five pm we all start joining.

Yeah, I get up at around noon, putter around the house, go to work, come back home, hang out with my gf and start playing usually around 11pm-12am and then for a few hours. We just need people that can play during the day.

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 01:44:46 AM »
my day is usually, wake up at 7, do paper work till 12 go on the computer. and the rest of the day just plans itself out. everyday i usually hang out with my gf for a few hours. some days i cant get on the computer for a long time cause im doing fixing/cleaning/what ever someones computer(i have my own computer business)

cheers, but if anyone has any ideas, please post them

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 02:10:11 AM »
my day is usually, wake up at 7, do paper work till 12 go on the computer. and the rest of the day just plans itself out. everyday i usually hang out with my gf for a few hours. some days i cant get on the computer for a long time cause im doing fixing/cleaning/what ever someones computer(i have my own computer business)

cheers, but if anyone has any ideas, please post them

Do you wake up at 7 regardless of when you go to bed? Cuz sometimes you are up till like 3am-5am?

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 11:31:31 PM »
yep, have to, and now im watching a friends dog, so i have to prolly start waking up at 6:30

btw, im a huge dog lover, so i swear to god, one rude/bad comment about it, and i swear to god you will be banned for a week.

Sexy like Ramsey

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 11:47:10 PM »
yep, have to, and now im watching a friends dog, so i have to prolly start waking up at 6:30

btw, im a huge dog lover, so i swear to god, one rude/bad comment about it, and i swear to god you will be banned for a week.

WOW

p.s. I like dogs over any other animal, besides Who doesnt like dogs??

Offline [OnA]Sloppy

• OnA Pest
  • A Perfectionest
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 12:48:28 AM »

do youself a favor, put some peanut butter on your taint, and let the silly goose at it, best jack session you'll ever have.  ;)

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 12:55:42 AM »

So, all those times you stayed up til 4am-5am you still woke up at 7am? wow.

I'm more of a cat person. Nothing against dogs. I have 2 cats and would like a dog some day.

do youself a favor, put some peanut butter on your taint, and let the silly goose at it, best jack session you'll ever have.  ;)

hahaha

Sexy like Ramsey

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 01:32:13 AM »

So, all those times you stayed up til 4am-5am you still woke up at 7am? wow.

I'm more of a cat person. Nothing against dogs. I have 2 cats and would like a dog some day.

hahaha

Fuck you and your cats.

Im just fucking with you, i like cats but i cant hang around them cause the dander screws up my sinuses.

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 09:05:17 AM »
Fuck you and your cats.

Im just fucking with you, i like cats but i cant hang around them cause the dander screws up my sinuses.

Almost always start your comments with a sarcastic negative eh? lol  :D

And yeah, cats are more appropriate for me right now because you can't always leave your dog unattended and I would have nobody to look after them. But I love my cats. If you'd see me with them, I'm sure you'd call me a freak. Well, maybe not that far, but whatever.  ;)

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 11:48:26 PM »
i think your cats are cool

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 11:50:02 PM »
i think your cats are cool

Why thank you kind gentleman :)

Offline Glox

• KEA Colonel
  • A Perfectionest
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 04:15:37 PM »
Why not just set a time/day where as many KEA as possible go onto the server?

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 05:48:58 PM »
Why not just set a time/day where as many KEA as possible go onto the server?
ya, thats a great idea, but keep in mind, a lot of us have work and all that, and there are only 25 of us. so its hard to all get together

Offline Glox

• KEA Colonel
  • A Perfectionest
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2008, 09:48:19 PM »
True. I figure that we need about 18 people in the server to start getting randoms looking for a 32 man ava. Keeping our afk members sitting in spec also works to boost numbers.

I think the biggest problem that Ive seen is that your average and worse players are quickly discouraged and leave after being repeatedly killed. We really need to find a way around that.

Offline [OnA]Sloppy

• OnA Pest
  • A Perfectionest
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2008, 10:10:16 PM »
one problem that is a problem on all ava servers, is that all the best players go to axis. except for the bestest player, who just plays to give the allies a chance.

Offline fury

• mnn
  • KEA Lieutenant
  • Get A Life
  • come to bed,ill show you some tricks baby.
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2008, 10:27:33 PM »
one problem that is a problem on all ava servers, is that all the best players go to axis. except for the bestest player, who just plays to give the allies a chance.
and who could that be?  ???

Offline Ban Em All

• Technical IT Director
  • Get A Life
  • Don't Hurt Me!
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 12:47:31 AM »
i always will go german, but if the allies are losing, ill go, or if the teams are uneven, i just like the german weapons though

Offline [OnA]Sloppy

• OnA Pest
  • A Perfectionest
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 02:58:19 AM »
another thing is everyone should start using teamspeak, The talking in the server is getting to be a lil too much if you ask me. it's almost always kea players talking to each anyway. It doesn't bother me that much, but i know all you guys, random people coming into the server don't really wanna hear constant talking,

Offline NWP

• KEA Colonel
  • An Old Member
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008, 07:20:22 AM »
It is unfortunate that the average or bad players leave the server because they are discouraged.   This server will make them so much better.

Offline Glox

• KEA Colonel
  • A Perfectionest
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2008, 07:55:52 AM »
I personally like Axis better too. I think their attack lines are more dynamic and the weapons are better. Ive never seen a server that would make Axis Allies and vice versa though. Might be neat to switch after each round win.

Offline guit_ar_tist

• KEA Friend
  • A Perfectionest
  • ADMIN
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008, 02:56:32 PM »
ya, thats a great idea, but keep in mind, a lot of us have work and all that, and there are only 25 of us. so its hard to all get together

Yeah, that's one thing that sucks but that is completely understandable. We all live different lives but when we are all together, it's so much fun.

True. I figure that we need about 18 people in the server to start getting randoms looking for a 32 man ava. Keeping our afk members sitting in spec also works to boost numbers.

I think the biggest problem that Ive seen is that your average and worse players are quickly discouraged and leave after being repeatedly killed. We really need to find a way around that.

I totally agree with both comments. I see that out average amount of players is in the 15-20 range. But if we have like 24, we usually are able to fill it up with random people. And having people in specs definitely help, even just one because then people who set the option "show servers with people playing" will still see us in their list.

I also find it true that alot of average or less-than-average players leave because of constantly being weaponly raped. ( :P  yes I can make my own terms :) )

I always go on axis unless it would make the team uneven or because american team needs more players. I will also go on american if axis are constantly winning to maybe provide more support.

another thing is everyone should start using teamspeak, The talking in the server is getting to be a lil too much if you ask me. it's almost always kea players talking to each anyway. It doesn't bother me that much, but i know all you guys, random people coming into the server don't really wanna hear constant talking,

The talking on the server doesn't bug me at all. Even if it something I do not relate too because I like listening to it while I play, most of the time. I don't like mic spamming or people being cunts. But I do understand if someone doesn't like the constant talking. Some people just wanna play and hear the sounds of war, not people talking about ramsey's mic. :P I wouldn't mind using teamspeak instead, same shit, different pile. Just our TS server is limited to 16 players for now but we might be able to up it to 32.

It is unfortunate that the average or bad players leave the server because they are discouraged.   This server will make them so much better.

It does suck that they leave if it is because of that. I would prefer playing on a server where everyone is better than me because that's when I learn from them to become better myself.

I personally like Axis better too. I think their attack lines are more dynamic and the weapons are better. Ive never seen a server that would make Axis Allies and vice versa though. Might be neat to switch after each round win.

I do find the axis team, as for weapons (etc...) better. I find they even look better than the american avatars :P I find the weapons look meaner. I do find that avalanche is more in axis' favor with how the map is laid out.

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal

ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.147 seconds with 18 queries.