General Gaming > Console/Handheld Gaming

Is it true that PS3 are not backwards anymore.

(1/2) > >>

Rev. Jim Jones:
I was thinking of getting a PS3 as I have about 12 PS2/P1 games, but heard that you cant play them on a PS3 is this true?

I got a 360 and can play my 7 original xbox games on the 360.

Ban Em All:
no console will ever be true backwards compatible. and yes its true, eversince they made the new ps3, they arent, luckly mine still is :p

koei:
If you want a ps3 that's backwards compatible you'll need to look for the 60gig launch version in NA.  That has the actual ps2 hardware in it and is the most compatible with ps2/p1 games.  I also think the metal gear solid bundle has backwards compatibility via software emulation.  Unfortunately both models have been dropped by sony.  Your best bet is getting it on ebay but you'll probably pay a premium for it

fury:

--- Quote from: koei on February 20, 2009, 07:43:41 AM ---If you want a ps3 that's backwards compatible you'll need to look for the 60gig launch version in NA.  That has the actual ps2 hardware in it and is the most compatible with ps2/p1 games.  I also think the metal gear solid bundle has backwards compatibility via software emulation.  Unfortunately both models have been dropped by sony.  Your best bet is getting it on ebay but you'll probably pay a premium for it

--- End quote ---
or you could just avoid that POS3 and get a 360 like the rest of the human kind.

Ban Em All:

--- Quote from: fury on February 21, 2009, 05:07:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: koei on February 20, 2009, 07:43:41 AM ---If you want a ps3 that's backwards compatible you'll need to look for the 60gig launch version in NA.  That has the actual ps2 hardware in it and is the most compatible with ps2/p1 games.  I also think the metal gear solid bundle has backwards compatibility via software emulation.  Unfortunately both models have been dropped by sony.  Your best bet is getting it on ebay but you'll probably pay a premium for it

--- End quote ---
or you could just avoid that POS3 and get a 360 like the rest of the human kind.

--- End quote ---
i never new sony came out with the new POS3. i heard it looks lifelike!  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version