KEA Servers > Day of Defeat Source

NEED MORE PEOPLE!!!!

(1/6) > >>

Ban Em All:
Alright, we should get more people on our servers, anyone have any ideas? post any thing that you think of. lets get working

[attachment deleted by admin]

[OnA]Sloppy:
one thing to do at first(imo)is keep the dl's to a minimum. people wanting to join an ava server just want to join quick and see if they like it. i usually wont join a server if dl's take more then about 30 seconds, unless it's a map. Some servers have so many sounds it takes 5 min to dl all the shit which i hate. The most important thing now is just play everynight, and try and get a regular group of people playing, and not just kea people but outside people.

NWP:
I have let my friends know about the server..a whopping two!!..lol..no just kidding its really only one.  I think one problem we do have is that most of use are busy during the day and dont have time to play so the server looks empty even though after about five pm we all start joining.

brdmichaud:
Agree with NWP.  Most of us work and I for one sometimes don't get home until 8 - 9 in the evening, by the time I want to play it is usually too late or there are only a few people on playing.  I have spread the word and I think patients should prevail, will be as big as OnA.  My 2 cents

brd

guit_ar_tist:

--- Quote from: [OnA]Sloppy on August 06, 2008, 03:16:24 AM ---one thing to do at first(imo)is keep the dl's to a minimum. people wanting to join an ava server just want to join quick and see if they like it. i usually wont join a server if dl's take more then about 30 seconds, unless it's a map. Some servers have so many sounds it takes 5 min to dl all the shit which i hate. The most important thing now is just play everynight, and try and get a regular group of people playing, and not just kea people but outside people.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I can be the same way with servers with many downloads. Sometimes I don't care but sometimes I'm the opposite. Playing every night is definitely a must, even if you just stay in spectator (don't forget if you do go in specs, do not start downloading with your limewire or torrents, etc... because it can severely lag the server; I guess the high-ping kicker will take care of that anyways).

--- Quote from: NWP on August 06, 2008, 06:58:27 AM ---I have let my friends know about the server..a whopping two!!..lol..no just kidding its really only one.  I think one problem we do have is that most of use are busy during the day and dont have time to play so the server looks empty even though after about five pm we all start joining.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I get up at around noon, putter around the house, go to work, come back home, hang out with my gf and start playing usually around 11pm-12am and then for a few hours. We just need people that can play during the day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version