NHL
« on: January 09, 2009, 07:41:54 PM »
Best team and why?

Offline [OnA]Sloppy

• OnA Pest
  • A Perfectionest
Re: NHL
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 07:56:13 PM »
though i really have only seen one game, i would say san jose. But come playoff time you still gotta give the nod to Detroit i think. In the East i think the caps can do well depending on there injuries and how well theodore plays, he has been very good as of late.

Offline RAMBO

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 08:30:09 PM »
Penguins, look at the roster. There standing and record don't show the real talent.

Offline [OnA]Sloppy

• OnA Pest
  • A Perfectionest
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 09:03:30 PM »
Penguins, look at the roster. There standing and record don't show the real talent.
they have 2 great players, and then a few high draft picks and a goalie who loves to let in 3 goals a 3rd period.

Offline soviet pizza

• man banana
  • Part of The Family
  • balls deep inside your grandma
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 09:09:45 PM »
id say strongest in the east would be, Boston or Washington.
The West, San Jose, Calgary, and Detroit, are all fairly equal, but come playoff time watch all 5 of these teams.

Offline [OnA]Sloppy

• OnA Pest
  • A Perfectionest
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 09:14:37 PM »
oh yea, not saying columbus has more skill or are better then people, but if they could make the playoffs/ make a couple of trades with mason in goal they could upset a few teams and no one will want to play them.

Offline soviet pizza

• man banana
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 10:31:53 PM »
i'd love to see Columbus make the playoffs, but if ur looking for an underdog team right now i'd go with Minnesota or Carolina, both teams are at the bottom of the playoff bracket but both extremely dangerous

Offline thehip21

• Nooooooooob!
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 08:18:25 AM »
I`d watch out for late blooming Ottawa with all their mad Skill ::)Sorry sack or over paid toddlers!

Offline E.S.P. GAGE

• KEA Colonel
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 09:03:08 AM »
I`d watch out for late blooming Ottawa with all their mad Skill ::)Sorry sack or over paid toddlers!

Ottawa has lots of talent, but it is a team sport, you can see in the way they play sporadic
there season is over. I think Spenza has a lot to do with there issue's , and 
Daniel is a weak captain, way to many long term contracts. You don't win if you GF and A is negative.
Look for a house cleaning the end of the year if not sooner.

San J,Detroit,Boston, Calgary if they get hot at the right time. Chicago, Washington, Philly could be  sleepers.

Offline RAMBO

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 09:14:09 AM »
Spoken like a true Canadian, I still say watch for the Pens.

darkiefoxie

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 12:24:58 PM »
avalanche and Detroit are my 2 favorite teams when i played hockey

avalanche and Detroit were like fucking enemys for the longest time, i dunno what they are now

Rev. Jim Jones

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 11:40:29 PM »
I go with the Boston Bruins. They are/were tied for least amount of goals allowed and are near the top in scoring. With 3 lines that can score and play well in their on zone, Boston will be the team that will raise the Cup in June.

Offline soviet pizza

• man banana
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 02:07:49 AM »
I kinda disagree, I think the bruins are the team in the east....but San Jose has played so well this far, and with that defense, Dan Boyle, Rob Blake, Christian Erhoff, and Nabokov in net, I don't see any team matching up well against them. Their offense if just as good as Boston's, and both defenses, Boston and San Jose are equal, but Boston's goal tending is not as good as the stats show, Thomas and Fernandez are both decent, but Fernandez has to lean on one knee half the game cause of his re-constructive surgery, and Tim Thomas sucks in the postseason. SO we will see.

Rev. Jim Jones

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 01:42:35 AM »
I kinda disagree, I think the bruins are the team in the east....but San Jose has played so well this far, and with that defense, Dan Boyle, Rob Blake, Christian Erhoff, and Nabokov in net, I don't see any team matching up well against them. Their offense if just as good as Boston's, and both defenses, Boston and San Jose are equal, but Boston's goal tending is not as good as the stats show, Thomas and Fernandez are both decent, but Fernandez has to lean on one knee half the game cause of his re-constructive surgery, and Tim Thomas sucks in the postseason. SO we will see.

Detroit dominates S.J. and the Sharks always choke in the playoffs.

Offline soviet pizza

• man banana
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 03:16:36 PM »
this year. San Jose and Detroit are 1-1 against each other, and San Jose has had troubles in the playoffs in the past cause of a weak and sub par defense, but if u look at what they have now, adding two Stanley Cup champions, Blake, and Boyle, that is the edge they have needed for quite some time. The offense of San Jose is deeper than it has been in recent years, Cheechoo is a third liner, and he scored like 50+ goals two years ago.

Offline RAMBO

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 08:28:29 PM »
Fuck the best team, should make this our official NHL thread.  Seems like we have enough fans. Doubt anyone is watching the Dallas/Detroit game for the hell of it right now like I am, but if you are. Holy shit Osgood is one lucky son of a gun.

Offline E.S.P. GAGE

• KEA Colonel
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 03:51:09 PM »
Fuck the best team, should make this our official NHL thread.  Seems like we have enough fans. Doubt anyone is watching the Dallas/Detroit game for the hell of it right now like I am, but if you are. Holy shit Osgood is one lucky son of a gun.

NFS Osgood is a lucky fuck, most nights under 25 shots.

Offline soviet pizza

• man banana
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 07:57:29 PM »
people better be watching the bruins canadiens game right now, its been a boxing match on ice with a min or two of hockey in between. tim thomas knocked out andrei kostitsyn in the 2nd, im not joking, timmy fucking t, punched out kostitsyn.

Offline Run Away!

• KEA Colonel
  • A Perfectionest
  • Made In The USA
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 11:16:57 PM »
La Kings......Because I fucking said so.

Offline RAMBO

• KEA Colonel
  • Get A Life
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2009, 03:49:42 PM »
La Kings......Because I fucking said so.

LOL.

Offline soviet pizza

• man banana
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 07:34:49 PM »
....and here come the stars out of nowhere

Offline koei

• KEA Colonel
  • Nooooooooob!
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2009, 10:39:11 AM »
We all know that the devils are going to win the cup this year.  They've been using their 3rd string goalie since november and they're 2nd in the east!

Offline soviet pizza

• man banana
  • Part of The Family
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 03:20:41 PM »
watch boston raise the cup at the end of the year.

darkiefoxie

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 09:49:59 PM »
i really wouldnt doubt it if red wings got it again... every year, people  are like, WELL THEY LOOSE ALOT, protip: they dont try until the cup... happends every year, they go with like a 10-20-2 (example) every year and come out killing it in the cup

Offline [OnA]Sloppy

• OnA Pest
  • A Perfectionest
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2009, 08:39:23 AM »
i really wouldnt doubt it if red wings got it again... every year, people  are like, WELL THEY LOOSE ALOT, protip: they dont try until the cup... happends every year, they go with like a 10-20-2 (example) every year and come out killing it in the cup
sir they haven't won the cup every year, and good luck with whoever your goalie is. i wouldn't mind detriot winning it, but i don't think they have the goaltending.

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal

ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 17 queries.